Likes Likes:  4

Thread: **** So you have lost your alarm spring ****

**** So you have lost your alarm spring ****

So was trying to fix a dw 003 and did the old problem of catching the alarm spring and it made a jump to freedom I did find it after a search of half hour or so, What happens if you can't find it .. well seems like their's three options are available ( maybe be more please add if you have any ideas )

1) buy a none working watch same model for it

2) make one ( bit hard if you do not have the tools for it

3) find a spring of the same size and materal .. my favorite ..

Lets talk through number 3) for now as 1) is self explanatory and 2) would really need a thread of it's own now, Sjors did a thread on making one over the road so it is possible but has very mixed result with them and he had the tools to do it as well.

So find a spring sounds easy but they are very small my tip is look for spring bars from small watches say as the spring bar is like under 5cm long don't know the diameter of it off the top of my head probably half a cm or less probably less, so the smallest you can get there are spring bars for watches that come in 6cm and the like so my tip is carefully pull the end off the spring bar and removed the spring in side and if you have got a thin spring bar then the spring might just fit.

It could take several goes to find the right one but will work if you find the right size, or if you are brave once cut to length you could always strip the module down and drill the hole larger have seen it done several times on youtube with good results

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Greg, Sedi, Sjors liked this post
    I have made one a couple years ago by taking apart a strap springbar and using the small spring that was inside. Got the idea from a thread on wus after losing one on a G that I was doing a battery change on.

A situation where you cant stand it when you know something doesnt work like it should because you lost a small part and are determined to fix it cheaply yourself.

That was about 2 years ago and Ive never used that alarm but I know it works.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    yeah as got the alarm and that working but no joy with the light had to give up and it's bugging me
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Ive got a timex that the light doesnt work. It's a known issue with this model with no fix for it.

I never wear this timex but every time I see the watch I immediately think about the non working light.

interesting, I've always wondered why the hell the spring was never fixed in place, had many jump out but never lost one yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    interesting, I've always wondered why the hell the spring was never fixed in place, had many jump out but never lost one yet lol
    well on some models they need to be removed priory to changing the battery and suppose if they break you can replace the part but if it snaps off inside it would be a harder fixed then it would be buggered I suppose , also if you put them in the wrong way up can stop the sound from working one side of the spring has a little bit sticking out that is the side that needs to be sticking out ,
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy