Likes Likes:  80
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Nato

I have plenty of nato. In a period right now though when they don't get a whole lot of wear. I wear them a lot more during the summer month(s)..

2. Likes iyonk, hayday, Raza, Greg, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    as mags says depend more on the time of year at the minute am wearing a 1054 on a red and black nato .. so every one likes pics here some on nato's
    got more but only allowed to post a max of 10 at a time
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The majority of my watches are on NATOs during the summer, and about half of the watches I wear regularly are on NATO straps right now. I tend to drift to leather straps when the weather starts to turn cold. Kind of like switching from beer to bourbon.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. Likes iyonk, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Thanks for the inspiration @pacifico66, think I'll wear the Tornado today
    I'm selective about which watches get 1pc Nylon or Perlon straps because of the rash they often cause.
    New watches rarely get one, and vintage only if they already show the wear.
    The Perlon Eulit Palma Pacific is a great strap that matches the vintage vibe of the Tornado well imo.

Name:  IMG_7002.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  109.5 KB Name:  IMG_6995.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB Name:  IMG_6999.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  108.9 KB
    Scott A
    instagram @timesofplenty

7. Likes iyonk, morningtundra, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    The Nomos was always on a Nato, but now it is gone. My dive watches spend a decent amount of time on Nato's.

Name:  Nomos with NATOs 03.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  87.7 KB

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Did someone say NATO straps??

Yeah I guess you could say I wear them. Only every day!! Here are a few shots from the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kody

11. Likes iyonk, Greg, Raza, skywatch, CFR, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by timesofplenty View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration @pacifico66, think I'll wear the Tornado today
    I'm selective about which watches get 1pc Nylon or Perlon straps because of the rash they often cause.
    New watches rarely get one, and vintage only if they already show the wear.
    The Perlon Eulit Palma Pacific is a great strap that matches the vintage vibe of the Tornado well imo.

Name:  IMG_7002.jpg
Size:  109.5 KB Name:  IMG_6995.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB Name:  IMG_6999.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  108.9 KB
    That is sharp ! I got plenty of ideas now glad this got your Tornado out in the wild

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Likes timesofplenty liked this post
    I rarely wear nato not because I don't like them but because it's hard to find a 26mm one for my 47mm Panerai....and it looks skewed on the heavier watch head with smaller lugs size...for Rolex it made the watch felt thicker due to its domed caseback

I just bought some natos during Black Friday,will take a while to reach me....

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I have never become a NATO/ZULU strap fan because of the extra hoops and excess folded in strap. Not to mention how they absorb sweat and require washing. Although I do appreciate how it catches both spring bars and reduces the risk of losing the watch.

But the strap in post #14 is very interesting. Make your own hole every day for a perfect fit, can catch both spring bars, and finding a soft material shouldn't be a big problem. I need to look into this.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

I don't have any Nato's. It's not for me I guess. Otherwise great photos and combos guys.
    Cheers,

Richard