Likes Likes:  4

Thread: What model was it...

Threaded View

What model was it...

Breitling has really continued on with changing/deleting and introducing new models during the couple/few years I stopped paying close attention. Of course they introduced new movements (how many variants are now in house?) as well, and that played well with some of the changes.

But they introduced a model a few years back, one that had a unique read to subdials of the chronograph, giving it a much more (IMHO) intuitive readability. For someone with aging eyes like myself, it would be nice not to need reading glasses to read the chronograph time. And especially if bouncing around in a cockpit, seems like they had just the right tool, and have missed the boat in discontinuing it.

I may have to dig through some Chronologs if I can find them. But what was different/special about this one was that it could be read at a glance like a clock. IIRC, this was because there were a 60 minute hand and 12 hour hand on the same dial. So if at a glance you saw "2:15", elapsed time was 2 hours 15 minutes (and whatever seconds showed on the separate seconds sudial).

Does anyone know the model name of the one I'm talking about? I think it was part of the "Professional" line if that helps.
    Last edited by T Bone; Nov 15, 2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!