Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unusual Alarm

Unusual Alarm

Well it’s that time (lol) again for a little story – The other day in the gap between xmas and new year as i was purusing the bay and i came across an unusual but familiar fob watch, first impressions were someone has cobbled some bits together but as i looked more it seemed more and more authentic. So some quick searching revealed absolutely nothing the only pic was the actual one i was looking at. To me the hands looked wrong, they seemed to be off of one of the square textured dialled sekonda’s . So i continued to watch and no bid’s (start at £19.99) so i decided it was worth a limit of £30 put in my bid and waited , the finish time was 08.30 am in the morning and someone else had had a little tickle up to £22.30 , i then missed the end by 2minutes (idiot) only to find I’d won . It arrived on Wednesday and after checking it wound and the alarm worked i set it and waited, and so far it has lost only 30sec’s since. It needs a good clean but otherwise a great watch.
    So last night i thought to myself it’s a lot of work to make a case like that there must be another and to my surprise the only other one i could find was(yes you’ve guessed it ) in Mark Gordon’s collection USSR Time i:d 1311 page 132. It seems his is a Poljot named signal from around 1977, so not exactly the same but very close. To say the least I’m very pleased.
    If anyone else has some info on this please add to this thread.
    And now (at last you say) here’s some pic’s with a few comparisons to give an idea of size etc.
    Name:  P1170461 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 159
Size:  212.0 KB

Name:  P1170462 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 92
Size:  199.4 KB

Name:  P1170464 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  P1170466 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 136
Size:  210.1 KB

Name:  P1170467 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  212.4 KB

Name:  P1170468 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 133
Size:  220.6 KB

Name:  P1170472 (2)_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 119
Size:  196.6 KB

Name:  P1170473_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 111
Size:  208.6 KB

Name:  P1170476_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 138
Size:  245.2 KB

Name:  P1170478_LI (800x600).jpg
Views: 131
Size:  272.2 KB
    Last edited by DJW GB; Jan 5, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

remember seeing a couple a good while back it's not inconceivable that they made a fob watch version mean they did it with the 3017 or maybe even that came first I would think that they got a bit rarer when people stopped wearing them as fob watches so guess they got cannibalise over time for part movements whole thing to be dropped into the wristwatch case ..like we do with other pocket watches look how every one does it with the 3602 so good find still ..have you thought of looking under titles with women in them ? as looks to be for pendant watch then fob/pocket watch ? .. still nice quirky thing none the less .. and we like quirky things here .. well I seem to do alright here
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    It was under pocket watch and just caught my eye . Will try under ladies title.

Billy Super Duper

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    It was under pocket watch and just caught my eye . Will try under ladies title.

Billy Super Duper
    maybe I was wrong as pendant watches tend to be upside down so when you lift it up it read right way up so maybe not ..possible with that stand on the back it could be classed more as a travelling alarm clock even
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Magic Dave!

Good spot & well done!
    I’ve never seen one of those before and love it

That little stand is really classy.
    The styling is quite masculine, so I’m thinking it would be useful to have in front of you on a desk at work, or on a nightstand.

A Sekonda, so for export. And a rare old fish now, I bet. (Prob even rarer than the ones for home consumption, as things got obsolete and discarded sooner in the west)

I do hope you’re planning to use it. I imagine you checking the times of passing trains at work with it sitting on a ledge :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    Yes I can use it to remind me that it's tea time . This just came from sekondtime

Billy Super Duper

9. Likes is that my watch, OhDark30 liked this post
    so what did they describe it as ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

In the description a pocket watch

Billy Super Duper

on sekonda time ? thought it might have been for descriptive
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Sorry sekondtime is a forum member in another Galaxy.

sekondtime.wordpress.com

Billy Super Duper