Inspired by Iyonk’s suggestion, I’m going to share some of my watch journey with you

Be gentle - I’m no Samanator or tribe, and I’ve escaped doing a proper SOTC up to now, just a few snaps of my watch box on the other place :-)

(For those interested, I did a 3 thread series there on This Pilot’s Watches, and started a Show off your Smiths! thread)

I’m starting in an odd place, with the 30 watches I’m currently selling off to bring my collection down to it’s well-worn core of 5 or so. But it’s what Iyonk suggested, and what’s to hand, so..

Some of these will come as a surprise: there’s 9 here I’ve never actually worn, for a start :-)

Here are the group pics
I’ll share the stories of the interesting ones in the next few posts, and then look at my core.

Do feel free to comment, interject, ask questions, and be your general brilliant IWL selves

Enjoy!

Junkers European Flieger chronograph with Poljot 3133 engine (early 2000s)

Ollech & Wajs Flieger chronograph with 70s Valjoux 7733

White Strela chronograph with Poljot 3017

Landeron chronograph with 70s Valjoux 7734

Citizen 67-9119 flyback auto chrono day date, from June 1976

Junghans J33 civvie pilot chronograph from 1950. Same gorgeous gilded movement as their issue Bund chrono

Seiko 6138-3002 auto chrono day date from July 1976

Poljot Aviator chronograph with Poljot 3133. NOS from 90s

Seiko Pepsi midsize Scuba Diver 4205-0158 from Sept 1990

Swatch YGS744 Charcoal Suit

MWC Evo dual time PVD chrono

Eurastyle 24hr with uncannily accurate pinwheel movement and fabulous sunburst

Bit of a forum faves section here!

The 2013 WUS Chinese forum watch in blue, with vintage (and striped) ST5 movement

Aevig Corvid I quartz field watch with Ronda 703

Zeno Explorer ‘Zex’ with 70s AS 5206 auto movement

WUS HMT White Pilot Limited Edition

Volna with Vostok 2809 precision movement and unusual (and v Russian) flowered dial

Sekonda Alarm with Poljot 2612.1 mechanical alarm movement

Timex 1970s homage to the Deville

Prim TV dial watch (prob 80s) from Czech auction site Aukro

Gagarin Shturmanskie homage with Sportivnie movement and case. A good looker for the watch Gagarin wore in space

French Elgé from the 60s in a great pilot style

Zim with blued hands - bought this for one of those ‘great watch for less dosh’ threads :-)

Vostok wrist compass in a 60s Chistopol case

Phew!