Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Datejust Bezel Before and After

Datejust Bezel Before and After

So I did decide to go with the fluted bezel on the Datejust. It’s just too iconic a look with the jubilee bracelet, IMO.

I was able to find an authentic higher gram Rolex 18K white gold fluted bezel. A guy in California who does custom Rolex work sells them for about the price of the gold after he replaces them on watches he does work on.

With its slightly less than silver color, it matches the appliqués perfectly and the shimmer plays nicely with the center links of the bracelet!

Here’s some before and after shots.

2. Likes Rusty, tribe125, OhDark30, synequano, iyonk liked this post
    You were right - fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet is a winning combination.

4. Likes ctimrun, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    You were right - fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet is a winning combination.
    Thanks! The smooth bezel looks good too. I feel like the fluted has a more retro vibe whereas the smooth looks more modern.

Another thing I’m really liking, and it surprises me as I’ve always been a sapphire snob, is the acrylic crystal. It has a warmer tone and the dome and thickness create a cool vibe.

6. Likes OhDark30, popoki nui, iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Definitely more vintage. A classic look. Well done.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

8. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    Thanks! The smooth bezel looks good too. I feel like the fluted has a more retro vibe whereas the smooth looks more modern.

Another thing I’m really liking, and it surprises me as I’ve always been a sapphire snob, is the acrylic crystal. It has a warmer tone and the dome and thickness create a cool vibe.
    right on both points certainly and a random application of polywatch [whether you have hairlines or not to remove ]gives a lovely earthy shine to the acrylic

10. Likes ctimrun, popoki nui liked this post