Likes Likes:  2,350
Page 1 of 525 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread

Blog Entries

The Chat Thread

Figured I'd start a place where you can just drop in, have an unstructured conversation, leave random or disturbing thoughts (depends on if Chronopolis is here, I suppose), or just converse in a general manner.

I'll start. I don't like pancakes with too much syrup. I want butter and maybe a tablespoon of syrup or even less for a short stack. That's it. And I don't want fruit or chocolate or jalapeños in it either (yes, this exists). Buttermilk pancakes with butter and a touch of syrup. I'm an adventurous eater, but not when it comes to pancakes.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Maybe some of you remember my old cat Sammy who was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a couple of years ago. I am still treating him with pills for it. He is really good about taking them actually - if I hide them in a cat treat. We finally got the dosage right and he's a lot more comfortable today. Sleeps like a cat should and no more freaking out over his food.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    depends on if Chronopolis is here, I suppose

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

5. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    depends on if Chronopolis is here, I suppose

Shhhhhhhhh!!! He may hear you and find us. Like Bloody Mary. Only worse.

Jeannie

7. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    My first order of Dozier knives will be finished in June of 2017. Three year wait for probably one of the best knife makers alive today. Going to place another order later this month. I'll be 30 when it's ready.

http://www.dozierknives.com/

Pancakes? Lemon and sugar. Basta.
    Crepe suzette is nice, too.
    My wife (like all italians) puts Nutella on them. Sorry to end on a sad note.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Maybe some of you remember my old cat Sammy who was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a couple of years ago. I am still treating him with pills for it. He is really good about taking them actually - if I hide them in a cat treat. We finally got the dosage right and he's a lot more comfortable today. Sleeps like a cat should and no more freaking out over his food.
    Sorry to hear about Sammy's troubles. Glad he is comfortable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Sorry to hear about Sammy's troubles. Glad he is comfortable.
    It's pretty common in older cats. Nobody seems to know why. If the cat starts losing weight, eats a lot, and is suddenly irritable or agitated, a blood test will confirm it.
    Younger cats who get this can be treated with radioactive iodine to cure them. The older ones have to take medication.

Blog Entries
    Just had a massive breakfast. Steak, egg, and cheese sandwich, two pancakes, and bacon. I wrapped the pancakes around the bacon. It was sublime.

Now ow time to spend the rest of the day in a torts casebook and then working in my memo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    It's pretty common in older cats. Nobody seems to know why. If the cat starts losing weight, eats a lot, and is suddenly irritable or agitated, a blood test will confirm it.
    Younger cats who get this can be treated with radioactive iodine to cure them. The older ones have to take medication.
    Few things are as happy as gaining a new companion, and few things are as bad as losing them.