Likes Likes:  2,350
Page 51 of 525 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread

Blog Entries
    Hmm, Casio Pathfinder PRW2500T-7CR is on sale from $400 to $220 on Amazon for the next three hours. That's a good deal. If I had more disposable income, I might even be tempted, though I am firmly a Suunto guy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SSWKMK/...d_p=1990147042

(For those interested)

Savagely Average
    Watching a couple GMT's on e-bay at the moment. I doubt I have one in time for my next Asia trip. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Hmm, Casio Pathfinder PRW2500T-7CR is on sale from $400 to $220 on Amazon for the next three hours. That's a good deal. If I had more disposable income, I might even be tempted, though I am firmly a Suunto guy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SSWKMK/...d_p=1990147042

(For those interested)
    Get it! I love my Pathfinder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    How difficult do you find the semester, Raza? I have always contemplated law school.

So far, the biggest issue has been the workload, not the material. I like to think I have a mind for the law and the analytical aspect of it, so I haven't found it conceptually difficult, but the manner in which you're tested sucks. One exam, end of the semester, and that's the long and short of it.

But it might be better to ask me how I'm doing after I get my grades in 6 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Get it! I love my Pathfinder.
    Nah, I've got my X-Lander Mil for situations where I need that. Plus, I don't really have an extra $220 lying around right now. Pathfinder is way too capable for my needs too. It'd be like putting a V16 in a Mini to drive your kids to school.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Good luck Raza.

I keep thinking about going back to get an MBA with a focus in Engineering Management but I need to get my wife through grad school first.
    Thanks man. One thing I'll say is that no matter the difficulties that arise, it's still very satisfying. I'm doing something I really like and care about for the first time in a long time. I never would have gone back to get my MBA or spent the time to study for the CFA because I wasn't happy in the field.

Adjusting to being a student again took some time, adjusting to not having an income anymore really isn't something that ever happens. I keep wanting to take the hammer to my piggy bank (401k) and just use that to live off for the next three years. There's enough in there that I could do it. But I know long term I'll be better off if I don't do that. Stupid finance background.

Thanks man. One thing I'll say is that no matter the difficulties that arise, it's still very satisfying. I'm doing something I really like and care about for the first time in a long time. I never would have gone back to get my MBA or spent the time to study for the CFA because I wasn't happy in the field.

Adjusting to being a student again took some time, adjusting to not having an income anymore really isn't something that ever happens. I keep wanting to take the hammer to my piggy bank (401k) and just use that to live off for the next three years. There's enough in there that I could do it. But I know long term I'll be better off if I don't do that. Stupid finance background.
    Do already know what kind of law you want to practice? Or do you not make that decision until later?

Nah, I've got my X-Lander Mil for situations where I need that. Plus, I don't really have an extra $220 lying around right now. Pathfinder is way too capable for my needs too. It'd be like putting a V16 in a Mini to drive your kids to school.
    Ah! Never mind then. They're almost the same.

So I just googled myself (again) to see if there were any pictures of me in uniform hiding on the internet, I changed my search from Dr to Captain and 20 of the first 25 images that came up were of Daniel Radcliffe???

The end result is there are no pictures of me in existence but Daniel wants to be me?????

I love the random element of a google search.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANBROOKLYNBOSTON View Post
    Do already know what kind of law you want to practice? Or do you not make that decision until later?
    I'm thinking about intellectual property, but tort law is also very interesting to me. I am hoping to take an IP class next semester to see if it's something that I still like. IP law has its own bar, so it's a big commitment. I mean, hell, I might not even be qualified to take it, I don't know. I don't have a major that's one of the ones required, so I'll have to talk to my advisors about that. If not IP, probably tort or transactional law. But that's the job. Pro bono public interest work is really important to me; I'd like to take up lost causes, just not as a job.

11. Likes Ryan liked this post