Likes Likes:  921
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: The indecisive watch buyers' thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    The designs never do it for me. I prefer most longings or nomos (even the tissot visodate)

I, too, have longings. These are best kept to oneself.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes mlcor, CFR, tribe125, vkalia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Have you considered the 36mm OP? I found the blue dials on the 39 OP to be fantastic. Were it not for the fact that i need a white dial, that'd be the one I'd get. Or the blue dialled Piaget Polo, which is one of the nicest blues I have seen on ANY watch so far.

!
    I found the 36mm OP too small for my tastes. While I like dress watches to be 38mm or under, I prefer a casual watch (such as the OP) go be slightly larger.

The Piaget is too expensive.

A back-up option could be the blue dial Railmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post

A back-up option could be the blue dial Railmaster.
    I’ve got dibs on the first one of those coming to my AD (on the bracelet, I think that strap is terrible), whenever it arrives. I think it’s one that needs to be seen IRL before a decision is made.

5. Likes FuzzyB, CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Have you considered the 36mm OP? I found the blue dials on the 39 OP to be fantastic. Were it not for the fact that i need a white dial, that'd be the one I'd get. Or the blue dialled Piaget Polo, which is one of the nicest blues I have seen on ANY watch so far.

Yeah, strange how B&M gets no love. They make sensible watches at sensible prices (especially at street prices). $1000-1500 gets you a lot of watch!
    Problem with B&M is the same problem with everything else in that price range. We’re talking similar movements, similar thicknesses, similarly not great date windows. Problem with that price range is that basically everything is good, but nothing is great. And since everything is good, brand recognition seems to be the big winner—and Hamilton, Seiko, and even Oris seem to have the attention of buyers (or at least of enthusiasts).
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Problem with B&M is the same problem with everything else in that price range. We’re talking similar movements, similar thicknesses, similarly not great date windows. Problem with that price range is that basically everything is good, but nothing is great. And since everything is good, brand recognition seems to be the big winner—and Hamilton, Seiko, and even Oris seem to have the attention of buyers (or at least of enthusiasts).
    Yeah true.

It's a shame that so many of these brands are either nor being or not allowed be innovative w/r/t designs.

The long PR of the Baumatic is a good differentiator, though. And it is a solid and classic design. Of course, this solid and classic design can also be boring if not finished to a high standard*...

(*Or even if it is, especially according so some whippersnappers who refuse to get off my lawn)

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Have to say I'm very intrigued by the Baumatic (especially the chronometer version). Seems a great price for an in-house, 5-day, anti-magnetic movement.

Just don't have a feeling for b&m. They have very little presence here it feels although there is a local ad. It does seem ppl are happy with the capeland and the clifton so I'm sure they're fine pieces.

Size should be perfect for me. I'll have to make an effort to go try on when they show up here.
    As I mentioned, I quite like the watch. While the brand may not get much love, if it fit my wrist I would be very tempted to get the one I tried on. It would be perfect for an everyday watch.

9. Likes meijlinder liked this post

The indecisive watch buyers' thread

There is a potential change of plans. If things work out (and it will involve me selling quite a few things; not watches) there will be a very big incoming later this year. The AD has set aside the watch for me already.

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    There is a potential change of plans. If things work out (and it will involve me selling quite a few things; not watches) there will be a very big incoming later this year. The AD has set aside the watch for me already.

Oh stop teasing and out with it.

Big Incoming sounds pretty damn awesome.

13. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Oh stop teasing and out with it.

Big Incoming sounds pretty damn awesome.

It is a VC.

15. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    It is a VC.

This one?

Name:  471C0148-A34A-4A21-A1B7-B29CF6D6B0E9.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  59.7 KB