Likes Likes:  4

Thread: **** D.I.Y 2018 ****

**** D.I.Y 2018 ****

well we had a thread on D.I.Y last year and it did quite well so why not a dedicated thread to all things D.I.Y (hints ..tips.. suggestions maybe if you have used a good paint or bad I have found some paintwork has gone yellow after a couple of years so would tend to avoid these paints but can't remember which company's I had used so if you have used a paint and got a good result or bad say here any projects you are taking on any help you might need with advice :

for example best way to paint a skirting if you can not remove the carpet ?

pic's on things renovating or the latest shabby chic you done all things you have built

hoping our very own tommy walsh will have a few helpful hints (you know who you are for others chico ) might show some of his handy work

maybe good tools to have or not maybe you get the idea any way

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

well in the winter I tend to get a bit low so don't tend to do much diy unless something breaks ...but as it gets warmer and sunnier then tend to do more things .. any way to my thought for the day ...

hinges ....

think we may have touched om this last year , but have just had to fix a cupboard door well patch not sure if it will hold as the side had split from top to bottom but I seal and finished it and put in new holes for the hinges , and put on new hinges .. but not completely happy with the result but it works for now so best leave it unless it plays up ...

so what types of hinges are there and what works best I have had limited experience with these depend what you want them to do I know of the types and basically what they do .. thought it would be fun to see what the member know and any hints they got ..

best way to put new ones on ..measuring etc etc ...

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Easy. Drill a small hole from the inside edge of the cabinet door and put in a screw. Countersink, of course.

Use a few if it's a tall split.

Use more small screws rather than a couple of big ones, you don't want to split the frame from front to back! Length, not width, is what you want.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    cool as it's an old 70's cupboard if not early looks to have split before and was glued and not done well so had to remove some of the glue and as I said repaired the split and finished it again fitted a new set of hinges but it still split slightly ( might seal that in place if it gets any worse ) but if it gets bad pinning it as you say seems a good option but might not be thick enough as it about 15 mm thick so not a lot of room for play .. and a think more solid area makes good sense say on a house door or box
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well a bit of modernisation to an old chest of drawers is my latest job

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    New railing took forever but looks great

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Likes tribe125, geoffbot liked this post