Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a strap change

Time for a strap change

I began to feel like the shark strap looked a little too narrow and thin at the lugs. This looks better, maybe not perfect but better.

Di-Modell Pilot

2018-02-16_04-34-33 by Chuck M, on Flickr

2018-02-16_04-34-50 by Chuck M, on Flickr

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes iyonk, OhDark30, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    its a nice strap but on the wrist the notched ends will never sit right on the lug ends of the gmt as it curves away leaving that gap you see- were they square / straight would suit fine

Agreed, not perfect, but wider, so better. I just didn't feel like going back to the Chronissimo.

5. Likes shameless liked this post
    the gmt looks terrific on a curved end strap perhaps a lighter shade so it appears a little wider -cant remember the lug size but if not curved i would get a soft pliable leather and squeeze on a strap 2mm bigger -they soon settle in - but i'm shameless!!

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    cant remember the lug size but if not curved i would get a soft pliable leather and squeeze on a strap 2mm bigger -they soon settle in - but i'm shameless!!
    I believe it's 20mm.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I believe it's 20mm.

I might stick a Di-Modell Jumbo on a Seamaster. Simple, sturdy, thick at the lug end, not over thick at the buckle end. And cheap enough for an experiment.

I want to restart this thread. What strap would you put on this watch? Lets hear your thoughts.

you could go with Colareb for that beautiful GMT..

i have one from Alan.. i really want to wear it, but currently one of the keeper near the buckle broke of due to failing glue.. i determined to fix it but i know it wont be easy to make it seamless..
    Colareb make great looking strap though..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

not neccessarily this but certainly a curved end Name:  honeyprincipalGMT.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  46.2 KB

13. Likes popoki nui, iyonk liked this post