Likes Likes:  79
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kern wants to do with Breitling

Blog Entries
    Diversifying the Breitling portfolio is a smart move. Going with slightly smaller, more discreet watches will broaden their market. They have so many good looking watches that are just too big and too thick for me. I’d welcome some more 40-42mm watches.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes litlmn, Cybotron, Perseus, OhDark30 liked this post
    Interesting read and thanks for sharing.

Breitling was and still is a reputable brand. At least, it's the way I see it. Their old catalogues offer a lot of inspiration for the present. Glad they realized how interesting their history is and decided to not let it disappear.

After reading his plans for the future of the company, I’m looking forward to seeing what happens. Other than a few designs here and there, Breitling has very few models I would be interested in.

Breitling has made some fantastic looking watches in the past. If they can successfully translate some of that into modern designs, I’m all for it.

The first model out of the gate is certainly showing some promise.

5. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    I thought this thread might hold some promise for a serious discussion about where Breitling is heading as a brand. Apparently, I was wrong.
    Name:  trainn.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  42.2 KB

7. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Diversifying the Breitling portfolio is a smart move. Going with slightly smaller, more discreet watches will broaden their market. They have so many good looking watches that are just too big and too thick for me. I’d welcome some more 40-42mm watches.
    I'm all for it too. Slightly scaled down versions of some current models, or new like the new Nav B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I'm all for it too. Slightly scaled down versions of some current models, or new like the new Nav B.
    I'd love to see a 41mm version of the Navitimer 01 with 20mm lugs. The overly wide Panerai-style lug widths really need to stop. They just ruin how watches look.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I'm not impressed by Mr.Kern his vision. I Love the brand tough, even if it has way too much way too buisy dials. I loooove the SuperOcean series and i can't wait to see what they will pull out of their hat.I hope it's not some reissues but some new future classics

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I'd love to see a 41mm version of the Navitimer 01 with 20mm lugs. The overly wide Panerai-style lug widths really need to stop. They just ruin how watches look.
    That's roughly the size (including the bezel) of my Cosmonaute, except it has 22mm lugs. And trust me Raza, this design would look a bit odd with 20mm lugs.

Name:  Breitling35b.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  314.7 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 8, 2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    That's roughly the size (including the bezel) of my Cosmonaute, except it has 22mm lugs. And trust me Raza, this design would look a bit odd with 20mm lugs.

Name:  Breitling35b.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  314.7 KB
    you are right, it might look odd with smaller lug-gap

I'm curiously watching Breitling close. In the 90's and a few years into the millennia, I was a big fan of their products. It was the first brand I bought when I sold off my Panerai collection. Then the brand started to lose their way IMO. Now with the catalog of manufactured chronograph movements and the partnership with Tudor for 3/4 hand movements, there is some hope. Products are getting the updates they have needed for almost ten years to ceramic bezels, and actual pip on the SOH, and new case materials like Britelite. Some don't like Britelite, but I would buy one in a heartbeat in a 3 hand setup. Preferably not in an avenger case. I'd like to see them embrace more of their past. Bring back the bullet bracelet and a better clasp for other products. Let this be the other brand (besides Tudor) to build the products Omega and Rolex can't or don't seem to want to.
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 8, 2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

15. Likes CFR, I-B, Muad'dib liked this post