Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Make One Change to a Movie: A Game

Blog Entries

Make One Change to a Movie: A Game

I was just watching Get Out when I had a funny idea. What if Rodney’s character (the main character’s friend) were played instead by Michael Cera? That cracked me up. So I thought we could turn it into a game.

The rules are simple: Make one change to a movie. It can’t be a big one (and it can’t be too general—for example, you can’t just say “I would change it so Batman v. Superman were a better movie”). Change an actor or actress, change one scene, a few lines of dialogue, an instrument (e.g. instead of riding a giant bomb in Strangelove, he rides a rubber chicken), anything that’s not too impactful. The change can be to improve the movie (like, for example, using I Am Legend’s alternate ending instead of the theatrical ending) or because you think it’s funny (like my sure to be numerous Michael Cera substitutions) or whatever you’d like. The point is to have fun with it.

The changes would be all else equal—so in my example, it would be Michael Cera using the same script, and to the best of his abilities, the same mannerisms as the character.

So, let’s get this going!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman)

When Antonius Block returns from the Crusades to find his country in the grip of the Black Death, he challenges Death to a game of KerPlunk for his life.

3. Likes Raza, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman)

When Antonius Block returns from the Crusades to find his country in the grip of the Black Death, he challenges Death to a game of KerPlunk for his life.
    or twister their could have been a whole new ending then
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes tribe125, Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Avengers:

In one of the later scenes, when the fighter pilot is about to drop a nuclear bomb on Manhattan, I always felt like he should express some regret. Like “god forgive us” or something like that. Instead, he silently, almost happily, nukes his own country’s biggest city, getting ready to kill 8.5 million people and irradiate the city for decades to come.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The Avengers:

In one of the later scenes, when the fighter pilot is about to drop a nuclear bomb on Manhattan, I always felt like he should express some regret. Like “god forgive us” or something like that. Instead, he silently, almost happily, nukes his own country’s biggest city, getting ready to kill 8.5 million people and irradiate the city for decades to come.
    I always though he should say here come's the sunshine
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The Seventh Seal (again) -

Death is played by Harpo Marx.

Blog Entries
    Tarkovsky's The Stalker. When the journeyers enter the room at the center of the zone, instead of debating the meaningless of life's goals while one of them arms a bomb, someone just farts loudly.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.