Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: its official -im mad

its official -im mad

few days ago i posted a buy in what have you bought today ! i purchased it off a poor image but just good enough to see what i needed - paid over a £100 which was a cheap buy !!!my thoughts were for the spare parts -however on receiving yesterday it was a kingd of epiphany moment - the case , and on these they are magnificent big heavy blocks, and the back are in absolutely superb condition which is testimony to the quality - the hands are very very good to go again -the acrylic apart from the inner gunge is unmarked the original wide T crowns which are seized of course are perfect -the dial which would have been blue [traces around the dial signature remain ] has become a wonderful gold \silver irridescence which is in one way quite stunning -
    i am now unable to open the back because i dont have the tool to do so but depending on how the watch lay in its misfortune the movement [and they have good movements ] may well be in good enough order to strip down and clean and be brought back - the dial would just be cleaned of rust and or particles that may have to be removed but otherwise would look stunning as it is
    my guy is away on holiday but on his return i will have him check out this challenge -if its possible its worth three or four hundred ££££'s to do - these watches and inards which have a crossover with Omega are highly desirable if i canbring this survivor back from the dead i would be so pleasedName:  t12x1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  58.2 KB
    Name:  tissotx2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  tissotx3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  tissotx4.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  59.8 KB
    Name:  tissotx5.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  48.2 KB
    Name:  tissotx6.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  58.6 KB
    Name:  tissotx7.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  40.6 KB
    Name:  tissotx8.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  63.0 KB

would be pleased to hear your thoughts but please dont tell me i have lost the plot

To be honest, Peter, I need to see that crystal out to have an idea of how damaged (or not) the dial is. And of course, the movement's condition is paramount to make a decision. Guess we'll have to wait.

About the madness, well, it's a "disease" most of us have...fortunately. After all, there are many "normal" people out there, they don't need us.

3. Likes Seriously, shameless, popoki nui, iyonk liked this post
    unable to open the back , because I don’t have the correct tool
    Try the packing tape tool .........

Some decent packing tape scrunched up into a ball
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Worth a try, but with these old watches...I doubt it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

thabnkyou but believe me that wont open this !!

Yeah , worth a try mebbe, if you had some knocking about.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

have you every played squash ? as a medium squash ball can work
    I used one till someone got me a ball back opener ..would imagine a stress relieve ball would work too or you can order a ball back opener for a couple of quid
    well 99p from china with a wait of weeks https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watch-Bac...QAAOSw8cNUUaSJ

or the uk for £3 or £4 and a couple of day wait

well not bad and in the uk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watch-Repa...QAAOSwnw9aAqDm
    Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 13, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

So your mad or happy? I'm confused? Your mad because it's a possibility that you can wear it & you really wanted it for spares ONLY?
    Sounds like yr happy Peter

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

10. Likes shameless liked this post
    Either way that looks to be in better condition then the sellers pics you posted
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes shameless liked this post
    yes indeed it is much better than the sellers images William -maybe and probably i am being very optimistic about the movement -however it really is a win win -if it can be salvaged its a nice project for me -if it cannot -i will take the bits i originally took it for [and happily ] and the inner parts case -hands etc will sell for more than i paid without doubt given a proper set of images and detail- its nice that nobody yet has ridiculed the dilemma -one thing it has done is want me to get a navigator -proper watch!
    sorry edited Will to answer your question of mad or happy - these are the best bits of collevcting -the interesting things that get one involved
    Last edited by shameless; Feb 13, 2018 at 06:51 PM.

14. Likes watchdaddy1, iyonk liked this post