Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    its quite amazing that feeling when one reaches in the pocket for the cell phone -and it isn't there , nor is it on your person - i think it's as near to panic as one can describe i'm having a moment now just thinking of the next time and how i may react
    My sister in law has lost her iPhone in the loo twice so far as she forgets to remove it from her back pocket.

2. Likes shameless liked this post
    Lost a first generation fully serrated Spyderco Endura (my very first Spyderco) back in 2003 (wow, has it been that long??!). Only remember when as I was working the set up for Ford's 100th Anniversary celebration in Dearborn. Was my first of many, and I had carried it daily since probably 1990 (when they were introduced). Was even ground down on the clip (protected my skin!) when I slid on asphalt after being knocked off my Harley in about 1996 or so.

Hated losing something I'd had so much history with. And the next generation they were producing at the time had a horrible clip (the newest are great). I now own about a half dozen Enduras, in all generations, including a duplicate of the one I lost....
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

4. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Hate to hear that, sounds miserable. I really need to have my wedding ring resized, or at least get a snap on sizer for now. I have lost it a couple times, because it tends to slide off when my hands are dry.

The most annoying thing I recall losing was the keys to my Grand National. Actually, I did not *lose* them. Someone broke into my truck and stole my coat....but they were in the pocket of the coat.

I had to replace all the lock cylinders and get new keys, pain in the rump.

I lose women all the time

7. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Blog Entries
    My husband lost his Walther PPK. We finally decided he accidently threw it away and it ended up in the landfill. Anyway, we had to file a report with the police and everything.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    My husband lost his Walther PPK. We finally decided he accidently threw it away and it ended up in the landfill. Anyway, we had to file a report with the police and everything.

Jeannie
    Wow, I'd have been shattered...but did he get a new one ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Wow, I'd have been shattered...but did he get a new one ?
    No. He got something else instead and I can't remember what. I am fairly indifferent on the subject of guns unless I'm having to tear my house apart looking for one.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post

Jeannie
    Ack! That's awful, but I can see how it could happen (I'm sure it is more common than most realize). I hope he likes the new gun better. There are certainly better choices out there these days, though the PPK is a sentimental classic.
    Last edited by T Bone; Feb 18, 2015 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Speeling
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

I once thought I lost my private cellphone in the car, just before taking a flight. At that time I always had more than one phone with me (working in telecoms) so did not think much of it. When I returned to the parking garage 2 days later, I couldn't find it in the car, so I called the number. I heard it, but it was not in the car. Someone found it, and placed in on the windscreen wipers of the car next to me, thinking it must have belonged to that car.
    Imagine a phone being found, and put on a car and left there for two days in a huge parking garage, and it doesn't get stolen. At that point my faith in humanity increased a lot

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Imagine a phone being found, and put on a car and left there for two days in a huge parking garage, and it doesn't get stolen. At that point my faith in humanity increased a lot
    Must have been a shit phone