Likes Likes:  6

Thread: SPB071 SS or Rubber?

SPB071 SS or Rubber?

I was able to pick up an OEM bracelet from a guy who bought an SPB051 and hates bracelets. I should probably have talked him into keeping it, in case he ever decides to flip it, but the SPB071 comes on rubber and I wanted a full set. Ultimately, I think the PADI, given the blued bezel, looks much more striking on the blue rubber, but I have nothing else on oyster right now and it does make it more versatile. It also seems to make the bezel pop a bit more as it stands in contrast to the SS more so than the blue of the rubber. What’s your vote?

Like you, maybe, some days I might prefer one, some days the other.

Just to make things harder, I might prefer black rubber to blue.

3. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    In that photo it looks better on the bracelet but I tend to change back and forth every few months so both types are great to have.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

5. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Unless I'm getting in the water, I am not a fan of rubber. I think that watch looks muuuuuuuuch better on the bracelet.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Like you, maybe, some days I might prefer one, some days the other.

Just to make things harder, I might prefer black rubber to blue.
    Lol, I thought the same about black and was hoping the waffle strap the SLA comes with might fit. Alas, it’s 19mm whereas this is 20.

Given the option - I'll take the bracelet every time.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

10. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    The pics are biased.
    For this piece, I vote rubber (as long as its quality isn't what I think it is).

12. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    My vote is for the bracelet, if it were me I'd get a lot more wear out of it on the bracelet than on the rubber.

This is assuming the bracelet fits well and is comfortable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    The pics are biased.
    For this piece, I vote rubber (as long as its quality isn't what I think it is).
    LOL, they are biased. The rubber is quite good quality, actually, and the buckle and keeper are also impressive. The blue's hue is hard to capture in pictures. It is quite a nice shade.

Quote Originally Posted by KingK View Post
    My vote is for the bracelet, if it were me I'd get a lot more wear out of it on the bracelet than on the rubber.

This is assuming the bracelet fits well and is comfortable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    The bracelet fits okay, though it is a bit cumbersome. I wish they'd done a taper on it. It's only 20mm, but it's a chunky 20mm, and 20mm all the way around. A slight taper to 18mm would have made it a bit more wearable, IMO.