Likes Likes:  325
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - The old years ****

**** More for a score - The old years ****

Feels like it's time for a more for a score thread. We have done several of these before so the general idea is you buy the best watch you can with £20 or what ever you local currency is to the sum of £20 and then you show a pic of the sale and then when it arrives we put them up against each other to see which wins .. and then you win now wait for it you win the Accolade of every one who was interested in playing .... oh yes no prize will be won** but for the shear smugness of winning .... also you will receive a badge only awarded twice before

Think less rules the better so to the rules :

1) A watch is bought can be a wrist watch / pocket watch well lets say anything ticking and mechanical and has some aged too it *...
    2) postage was a tricky one last time with players from over the world playing... I will be playing to include the postage in the £20 ..but I think a reason sum on postage can be over looked too as we will be playing for fun so why get bother with that..
    with in reason of course ...

the plan buy a watch or whatever ticking time piece you have your eye on ( stop watches not sure on will leave this to general census whether yes or no )

Take a pic of the sale if ebay link can do.. post it here then wait till it arrives and then post pics and see what sort of response you get ...easy then when all have arrived. I will put their names in a hat and pull out two at time to go up against each other in rounds with one going through to the next round and one not and we will do rounds till there is only one left the Winner

* say anything pre 1979...
    ** their will be a prize now kindly donated my iyonk's a one of a kind hand made strap . so this is a unique strap so good luck all for winning it

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    or to make it more exciting...
    to add the fun... the winner of this competition will get one of my handmade strap, custom made for the winner wrist size and prefered lug size.. buckle and postal included.. they will be in brown since that's the material i got right now.. something in these style and colors..

goodluck everybody!

Things that was asked last time ....

yes you can buy none working ...

yes you can have a pop at repairing them yourself ...

yes you can enter them none working but just say they are ..

closing date hmmm hard one will see what the general thought on this is then amend here to say ..

closing date for buying a watch ()

Is there anything I missed ? ?

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 25, 2018 at 12:50 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes crownpuller, iyonk, DJW GB liked this post
    so I got a couple of ideas in my head a couple of brands I have mention in the past a few times won't say more till the deed is done thou
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

for that price unfortunately all i could get are some 80's Seiko and they will be quartz..

but i will be watching this thread for sure... good luck everybody! and thanks for the fun thread Mark!
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    for that price unfortunately all i could get are some 80's Seiko and they will be quartz..

but i will be watching this thread for sure... good luck everybody! and thanks for the fun thread Mark!
    well I could possible cheat a little and sell ya a 1950's copper dial pobeda for that sorta money
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    or to make it more exciting... (if the moderators dont mind)
    to add the fun... the winner of this competition will get one of my handmade strap, custom made for the winner wrist size and prefered lug size.. buckle and postal included.. they will be in brown since that's the material i got right now.. something in these style and colors..

goodluck everybody!

thinks thats a lovely gesture and am sure their would be no problem with that but will just wait to get an ok from mods then will update op to include it ...

and if you do want to play was half serious that am sure I could find some thing to fit your budget and that could be fun for you too .yes indeed got a couple of ideas in mind already on that if you want
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Thanks Mark!.. but this time since i provide the prize, i will let everybody participate... just want to give some added fun to the competition..

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    cool ... and thanks again members are going to love the strap prize as much as I did on the last one thanks to the winner and alan

it became my favourite g well one of my top five
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Alright, I'm off to scour the interwebz...Thanks for the generous offer Iyonk. And thanks ismy for setting it up again. I think you covered all of the "guidelines".

15. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    but will just wait to get an ok from mods

Absolutely fine - you’re in charge, ismy!

17. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post