Likes Likes:  325
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - The old years ****

The next option was this little Art Deco Bulova travel alarm clock.

Unfortunately it was not quite as charming in person as I was hoping for. The spots did not help.

A little cleaning helped with the spots, but not enough to win me over.

The next little travel alarm I found was not much better. This little Elgin appears to have never been used. But even a little polishing of the crystal can’t bring out enough character to match the numerals.

I made a start on the CYMA case and boy has it been a labour of love ... and there's still plenty more to do

First the before pictures. As I said: The chrome plating is in a very sorry state :

Name:  B1.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  B2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  B3.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  B4.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  161.5 KB

So, out with the glass paper and a fresh pot of elbow grease... Some time later:

Name:  A1.jpg
Size:  155.0 KB

Name:  A2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  A3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  164.7 KB

Name:  A4.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  157.5 KB

Not quite 'there' yet but looking a bit more presentable and close to the point where I need to decide on what finish to give it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to give the bezel (which I'm yet to start ) a full polish finish; but not decided on the case body: Brushed or polished ?
    I'm leaning towards a brushed finish for the added contrast with the bezel.... What do you guys think ?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes DJW GB, Matt, FuzzyB liked this post
    Crackle black.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Crackle black.
    Hmmm, if it were an alarm clock that might work for an aircraft cockpit instrument look, but...... Nah.

Wife & children were out when I got home so had an hour or two to myself; net result....

Name:  Bezel.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  165.9 KB

One bezel ready to receive the new acrylic.

7. Likes Matt, FuzzyB, is that my watch liked this post
    I might be back in I had £15 but had to buy some draw runners so had about £7 left well I snag a double sekonda lot so hoping one of them will be working one man's one woman's so which ever works if they do that is will be my entry hoping it's the ladies in a way as it is a classic that ant seen much as not many ladies Russian fans .. and those that are mainly go for the mens too so might be a chance to get some interest in ladies Russian watches going

actually guessing the ladies watch could be a slava
    Last edited by is that my watch; May 8, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I made a start on the CYMA case and boy has it been a labour of love ... and there's still plenty more to do

First the before pictures. As I said: The chrome plating is in a very sorry state :

Name:  B1.jpg
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  B2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  B3.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  B4.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  161.5 KB

So, out with the glass paper and a fresh pot of elbow grease... Some time later:

Name:  A1.jpg
Size:  155.0 KB

Name:  A2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  A3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  164.7 KB

Name:  A4.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  157.5 KB

Not quite 'there' yet but looking a bit more presentable and close to the point where I need to decide on what finish to give it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to give the bezel (which I'm yet to start ) a full polish finish; but not decided on the case body: Brushed or polished ?
    I'm leaning towards a brushed finish for the added contrast with the bezel.... What do you guys think ?
    that looks very alike to a Russian 2209 case
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well my late arrivals has arrived either one may be a contender at got time to look now thou
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

still ant had chance to do much but both are running still after a quick clean one spot on near enough and the other a couple minutes fast so not bad for a quid each .. will try and do some pics soon

here's the link as not sure I have put it up or not

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWO-SEKON...torefresh=true
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

ok then if we use this one for general chat on the comp and what not think it will work better

so this sundays round is here

**** M.F.S. - The old years - Round two ****

I have also done a

**** M.F.S. - The old years - Round winners ****

where I will put each sunday winner in ...as i said in the thread if we can not from posting comments in their, it will make it easier to use as a list of entries for when I need the info pics

and am also doing a contenders thread so we can see all the entries in this times more for a sore comp .. am working on this as still bouncing between the threads gathering the info ..
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes OhDark30 liked this post