Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

Saw this on Monochrome and jumped, I mean a great looking chrono for around $600?! Liked it so much I bought 2. Blue and debating on panda vs black. Was really hoping they would have a reverse panda but it isn't planned. Maybe if it gets backed and people clamor for it they can add it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...iam%20l%201985

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

welcome interesting design seiko movement sounds alright maybe a tad expensive but depends on movement used I tend to like double subs then triple .. but each to their own .. just a thought and is only a thought for that price point other more establish brands could be had ... as I say nothing wrong with new just reminds me of other watches that have a more following and history and in some instance for less money

but it's fun to see knew kickstarter watch ideas theirs a few am watching myself been thinking of doing a thread on kickstarter that have caught my eye
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

welcome interesting design seiko movement sounds alright maybe a tad expensive but depends on movement used I tend to like double subs then triple .. but each to their own .. just a thought and is only a thought for that price point other more establish brands could be had ... as I say nothing wrong with new just reminds me of other watches that have a more following and history and in some instance for less money

but it's fun to see knew kickstarter watch ideas theirs a few am watching myself been thinking of doing a thread on kickstarter that have caught my eye
    It's the NE88 movement. I had a hard time finding watches with this movement, have you seen any reverse pandas with it? That's what I'm really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    It's the NE88 movement. I had a hard time finding watches with this movement, have you seen any reverse pandas with it? That's what I'm really looking for.

not really up on seiko movements and is that not a fairly new movement ? so off the top of my head non jump out thou there are a few seiko fans here so am sure one would come along soon and maybe give you a few options to look at
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

doesn't invicta use them ? in their chronographs ? no every one likes invicta thou so if they do others must use it to surely
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

and I could be wrong but is their not a ne88 in the strela's re-issues being done
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

not really up on seiko movements and is that not a fairly new movement ? so off the top of my head non jump out thou there are a few seiko fans here so am sure one would come along soon and maybe give you a few options to look at
    It was developed in 2014. It is a column wheel with a vertical clutch which are features typically found on higher end/more expensive chronographs as the motion is smoother than a standard cam actuated chronograph.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    and I could be wrong but is their not a ne88 in the strela's re-issues being done
    Yeah but the Strela is over $1k.

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    doesn't invicta use them ? in their chronographs ? no every one likes invicta thou so if they do others must use it to surely
    Yeah it's slowly being used more as it is more feature rich and available than the ETA/Valjoux 7740 which Swatch is limiting the ability for companies not under their umbrella to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    Yeah but the Strela is over $1k.

their is that maybe only buy the one then

like me a chrono but usually double sub and more often and not Russian
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy