Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    Yeah it's slowly being used more as it is more feature rich and available than the ETA/Valjoux 7740 which Swatch is limiting the ability for companies not under their umbrella to purchase.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    sounds like the way to go then for part replacements later on as a lot are not happy with swatch
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Hmm. New member. First post is informing about a new Kickstarter watch he just happened to find. So good he bought two...

Colour me sceptical...

3. Likes ro63rto liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Hmm. New member. First post is informing about a new Kickstarter watch he just happened to find. So good he bought two...

Colour me sceptical...
    I'm active in many watch forums through Taptalk. And yes, I have funded to buy 2 watches because I've been looking for a blue dial watch which was posted on another forum and I really like the black or panda dial as my 2nd choice. I didn't just happen to find, I saw an article on Monochrome which publicizes promising looking projects. My 2 main reasons for publicizing are 1 I think they are pretty good looking for the price and 2 I am hoping that if enough people are interested and voice they want a reverse panda like I have that they would add that as an option.

It's the second Kickstarter I have participated in after getting a Marloe Choronoscope. I love value divers like Deep Blue, Squale and Steinhart. I hate aluminum bezels in watches.

Any other questions you need answered?

Last edited by Dynamite_Kid19; Mar 1, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post

Colour me sceptical...
    that almost sound like a wus comment ?

I will be honest it was in the back of my head but instead of jumping to conclusions I choose to have a conversation with the new member to see and if you had read on you would have notice he said he was more interested in the movement used then the said watch so I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt..

for that matter if it was their watch I would not have been that bother ..... I would like to have thought they would have had enough respect to say to a mod first do you mind before doing the thread.. as one more watch maker on a watch forum I would think would be a good thing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    that almost sound like a wus comment ?

I will be honest it was in the back of my head but instead of jumping to conclusions I choose to have a conversation with the new member to see and if you had read on you would have notice he said he was more interested in the movement used then the said watch so I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt..

for that matter if it was their watch I would not have been that bother ..... I would like to have thought they would have had enough respect to say to a mod first do you mind before doing the thread.. as one more watch maker on a watch forum I would think would be a good thing
    Wish I was the watchmaker, would be a more fulfilling job than settling insurance claims. I'm still up in the air on the color to go with the blue dial. I have probably 5 black dial watches. I have a Frederique Constant panda Chrono but it is dressier because the dial is silver vs. white and on a leather strap, no bracelet option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    Wish I was the watchmaker, would be a more fulfilling job than settling insurance claims. I'm still up in the air on the color to go with the blue dial. I have probably 5 black dial watches. I have a Frederique Constant panda Chrono but it is dressier because the dial is silver vs. white and on a leather strap, no bracelet option.

well have dabble at watch making in the broadest sense one or two conversions and a few bespoke builds .. be fun to do some thing bigger like a run of watches.. but beyond my skill set alas .. any way ...

thats the thing the black dial is ok but the set up just reminds me of a tissot 1853 to much to ignore it .. it might be a fine watch but you could get a tissot for that price

but a panda reverse might be cool look better then the white dial one to be honest
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well have dabble at watch making in the broadest sense one or two conversions and a few bespoke builds .. be fun to do some thing bigger like a run of watches.. but beyond my skill set alas .. any way ...

thats the thing the black dial is ok but the set up just reminds me of a tissot 1853 to much to ignore it .. it might be a fine watch but you could get a tissot for that price

but a panda reverse might be cool look better then the white dial one to be honest
    You are 100% correct a reverse panda would be better. I'm holding out hope it could be a stretch goal or something. I hate when 1 is offered and not the other. I love the new Mobtblanc Timewalker Manufacture Chronograph. Has a ceramic bezel, sporty look, 3-6-9 layout but it is only available as a panda.

well just putting this out there chico done a double sub chrono that has a look about it .. used a Chinese movement thou but one of the better movements he did a really good job too will hunt up some pics
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I picked up a similar watch, a Marlow Chronoscope. I really like 3 sub dials vs. 2, idk why.