Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    I picked up a similar watch, a Marlow Chronoscope. I really like 3 sub dials vs. 2, idk why.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    each to their own really I suppose with me I like vintage so tend to go for two for many reasons cost being one plus in vintage size. three seem's to crowd the dial where two improves it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    each to their own really I suppose with me I like vintage so tend to go for two for many reasons cost being one plus in vintage size. three seem's to crowd the dial where two improves it
    Here's a pic of mine. Has a coffee colored dial and bronze sub dials. The color combo I thought was unique.

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    thats nice think it's chrono flashing time
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

now this one is modern but it was a forum what and for it being one I think it one of the best I have seen
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

now this one is modern but it was a forum what and for it being one I think it one of the best I have seen
    I really dig that orange Bullhead. What brand is the forum 1? Did they have a website? That's a cool dial and that strap sets it off nicely.

I really dig that orange Bullhead. What brand is the forum 1? Did they have a website? That's a cool dial and that strap sets it off nicely.

it's our forum watch 2nd year we was here I think or could have been our third, it came from the same guy who team up with chico and eric to become emg watches .. but it was pre all that thou ed had been doing forum watches for a while over on wus .. so when he came here he was chosen to be the maker ..

it was based on the 63 airforce watch and we as a forum design the dial / hands / and case back yes it really did work out well ... it's even better looking in person ... their might be one still available possible as sure ed sorted one for one of the newer members a while back
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

oh yeah the bullheads nice but found out after buying it was heavily work on caseback says it was gold plated ..there was the wrong bracelet on it the dial has been colour deeper , and replacement parts in the movement .. don't get me wrong it work well and look great but once I knew ocd and all that I sold it on declaring all the faults and sold it for what I paid so win win for all
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

oh yeah the bullheads nice but found out after buying it was heavily work on caseback says it was gold plated ..there was the wrong bracelet on it the dial has been colour deeper , and replacement parts in the movement .. don't get me wrong it work well and look great but once I knew ocd and all that I sold it on declaring all the faults and sold it for what I paid so win win for all
    Yeah all the trouble with vintage pieces has scared me from getting a Seiko Kakume, Seiko needs to update and bring those back.

Yeah all the trouble with vintage pieces has scared me from getting a Seiko Kakume, Seiko needs to update and bring those back.

well if you do your research and buy from a trusted seller you are normal ok I saw it just before the auction ended thought it was cheap set a low ish price as I had not time to check it out properly so the price was set in mind of it having issue needing to be fixed and I won the lot ..then when it turn out to be the case I could sell on if I needed to for around the same price no harm no foul ...

think with any watch of age you have to set what you are looking for and what your are willing to pay.. the more you pay more chance it will be ok if from a good seller ... or pay low and take a chance I some time bid as if they are parts and if they turn out to be better then I thought it is a bonus ...

but in vintage watch buying the mantra is always research research research and then cross your fingers and hit buy
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well if you do your research and buy from a trusted seller you are normal ok I saw it just before the auction ended thought it was cheap set a low ish price as I had not time to check it out properly so the price was set in mind of it having issue needing to be fixed and I won the lot ..then when it turn out to be the case I could sell on if I needed to for around the same price no harm no foul ...

think with any watch of age you have to set what you are looking for and what your are willing to pay.. the more you pay more chance it will be ok if from a good seller ... or pay low and take a chance I some time bid as if they are parts and if they turn out to be better then I thought it is a bonus ...

but in vintage watch buying the mantra is always research research research and then cross your fingers and hit buy
    I'm not a big gambler with watch buys. Kickstarter is as crazy as I get and this is only my second funding.