Likes Likes:  77
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A radical design...

Those are SO fresh! I hope to see one in person someday.

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Very handsome piece, mlcor! It is very art deco to me and reminiscent of that period, yet with modern proportions. I could see this on the wrist of Howard Roark.

4. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Thanks, everybody. I'm still pretty stoked about it. The only "for sure" thing left is the RGM--not much to report--although Roland told me they were going to start working on bridges this month, I haven't heard anything more yet.
    Basel 2018 is getting closer. Just saying...

Although, to be fair, your choices are not influenced by the "flavour of the month".
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 14, 2018 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Those are SO fresh!
    Fresh...that's a good thing, right? I can never keep up with the expressions you kids use nowadays.

Fresh...that's a good thing, right? I can never keep up with the expressions you kids use nowadays.
    Name:  fresh.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  51.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Name:  fresh.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  51.3 KB
    Oh, you mean it's groovy. Now I get it.

9. Likes Perseus liked this post
    Oh, you mean it's groovy. Now I get it.
    Just keep an eye out for the Fresh Prince

11. Likes mlcor, Cybotron liked this post
    That's a cool slice of metal (I might have said hunk, but it isn't). How does it compare the the APRO?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    That's a cool slice of metal (I might have said hunk, but it isn't). How does it compare the the APRO?
    I view them as quite different flavors of ice cream--they have some similarities in terms of overall design (no shock, since they are both Genta-derived), but are very different beasts. The AP was radical in its day, but is now more iconic and widely imitated. Even though it's almost half as thick as the AP (5.15 vs. 9.8), the Bulgari somehow manages to have as much depth as the AP due to its design. It is very modern looking, a function of the design and the sandblasted titanium. The bracelets are both excellent (although both lack micro adjustment). It's hard to compare case and bracelet finishing, since the Bulgari is intentionally matte all over, whereas the AP has far more contrast with brushed and polished portions. Despite Michael's experience, my AP's finish is immaculate. The Bulgari is, too, in its own way. In terms of movement finishing, a slight edge to AP, but in terms of technology and design of the movement, the Bulgari wins on sheer ingenuity. The AP, while not flashy per se with the black dial version I have, does have shiny bits and therefore stands out, while the Bulgari flies totally under the radar except for the thinness.

Conclusion? You need one of each.

14. Likes Cybotron, geoffbot liked this post

16. Likes CFR liked this post