Likes Likes:  111

Thread: Do you or have you bought a second copy of a watch while you still have the first

Threaded View

Do you or have you bought a second copy of a watch while you still have the first

For nearly five years now I have professed that the Rolex Polar White Explorer II is the best everyday watch made. It has been number 1 or 2 through five years as far as wrist time and my feelings for this watch have only got stronger with time. In selecting the white I did several side by side tries of the black dial version. I think the final factor for me was that I can always read the white with black hands in any light, but the black with SS hands disappeared occasionally in certain lighting condition. The problem is the Exp II has ruined other Rolex offerings for me since it nearly perfect. One example was the BLNR which seemed too small and nowhere as legible as the Exp II. So this has me thinking maybe I should buy the black one? Part of what has me considering this was the recent swap from the black dial Titanium BP Bathyscaphe to the blue ceramic one. It was pain-free and still feels the same to me. I have had two or three or eight of a single watch, but those were mostly lower cost Seiko (Monsters for the 8 when I was modding, and I had all three colors of the Sumo).

So can this:

and this live in the same collection?

Now if Rolex releases a 42mm BLNR based on the Exp II at Basel I'm in.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes iyonk, CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post