Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Omega Collection- Nov 2014

Outstanding collection. I am very jealous.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I'm bad about taking pictures. Here's my Omegas

^ wow :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

These is my Family group shot with the odd cousin (Tissot)..

I'm new at this in fact I just started mid this year..as you can see, my addiction is somewhat on the dangerous side..so I am squeezing every ounce of will power to dial it back a bit..and this aqua terra pics doesn't help at all..

5. Likes DM71, ck1109, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by engr.pol View Post
    These is my Family group shot with the odd cousin (Tissot)..

I'm new at this in fact I just started mid this year..as you can see, my addiction is somewhat on the dangerous side..so I am squeezing every ounce of will power to dial it back a bit..and this aqua terra pics doesn't help at all..
    Great collection and all that in 6 month! Yes sir. I think you're in big trouble.
    ~Daniel~

7. Likes engr.pol, ck1109 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray916MN View Post
    I'm bad about taking pictures. Here's my Omegas

Amazing collection!
    ~Daniel~

Wow thats an impressive collection of Omegas.

I only have two.....but these are ultra special to me especially the SMP. Great story behind it (which I posted on WUS).

I call these the "Brothers" because both of these will be heirlooms to my two sons

10. Likes DM71 liked this post
    Love my duo.Sapphire sandwich & Seamaster GMT
    Both mine have special meaning to me as well.

Last edited by watchdaddy1; Dec 4, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes Danny_T, MHe225, DM71 liked this post
    Ω3 "Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we don't exist."

14. Likes DM71, Samanator liked this post
    I still have aspirations to produce a proper photo shoot to do these beauties justice, but for now I'll hitch my wagon to Teeritz's thread and show you six of the seven Omegas currently in my collection. They are pictured here in the order I obtained them. (click the image for bigger size)

Not pictured:

1950's Seamaster - This is just a simple "gentleman's watch" with a very well preserved original cream-colored face, Arabic numerals at 12, 3, and 9, and seconds on a sub-dial at 6. It's been off at the watchmaker's for ages, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see it again. Apparently finding original hands for Cal. 342 is more difficult than anticipated.

Back row:

Aqua Terra 8500 38.5mm - The blue-dialed "Skyfall" version. This was my first Omega and my first really high-end wristwatch (measuring by my standards, anyway!). I love the beautiful blue dial and the way it plays with the light, but the view through the caseback is almost as nice. It's very comfortable on the wrist and a perfect size for me, although like all 8500-based watches it's a tad thicker than I'd like. Similar to Teeritz's comments about his black AT, I do wish the hands had more lume on them. This watch gets worn most often when I'm more dressed-up than usual at the office, as well as to events like weddings and so forth.

Speedmaster Professional (3570.50) - What can I say about the Moonwatch that hasn't already been said? This is simultaneously a fine scientific instrument, a beautiful exercise in proportions and design, and a piece of history you can wear on your wrist. I make my living in the aerospace industry and aviation one of my other passions, so it's terrific to be able to combine my love of horology with my interest in aeronautics and space.

Planet Ocean 2500 42mm - My second Bond Watch, and the best of the Planet Ocean models in my opinion. It's chunky and heavy, but not nearly to the same extent as the newer 8500-powered version. The bracelet is solid as bricks, but takes an infinite amount of fiddling about with half-links to get it sized properly. Here's a watch that could really stand to have some micro-adjustment capability. I love how this watch hearkens back to some of the quintessential design elements of the original Seamaster divers, while adding its own riffs to the basic melody.

Front row:

Dynamic III - This is the only Omega in my collection that I didn't love at first. I bought it because a deal came up that I couldn't refuse, and because I'm a bit of a completist once I get on a collecting kick. I wasn't really in the market for a Dynamic, but I figured I wouldn't have another chance at one, so I grabbed it. It came on a bracelet, and for the longest time I just really didn't connect with it. I even tried a couple different leather straps - tricky with 19mm lugs - and nothing quite jelled for me. It wasn't until I decided to pony up the cash for the OEM strap that this watch really came alive for me. I think it looks so much better now, and the whole package has really grown on me in unexpected ways. I like how thin and unobtrusive it is, and the dial is actually very readable despite the somewhat unusual numerals. Plus, it is a good stand-in for the 1953 RAF watch that I'd someday like to add to my military watch collection.

Railmaster 36mm - This was my holy grail for more than a year, thanks in no small part to the classic Teeritz post on WUS that ignited the fires of Railmaster-lust in a thousands hearts. I searched and searched for this watch, and even ended up buying and flipping a 39mm version before I managed to find the midsize model. On my wrist the proportions are just so perfect - it's such a classic combination of beauty and usability that I am reminded of Antoine de Saint Exupéry's famous quote about perfection. Plus, the lume is excellent. I initially thought I would put it on leather, but the bracelet is just so comfortable to wear that I forget I even have it on. I can't say enough nice things about my Railmaster.

Watchco Seamaster 300 - I just got this one in a couple days ago, and I'm actually wearing it as I type this. I'd been looking for one for quite some time, so when the opportunity to pry this one away from a friend arose I jumped on it without thinking twice. This one has recently been serviced and fitted with a unique sapphire caseback by Al of Archer Watch. The arguments about Watchco and authenticity have already been hashed over so I won't get into it here; suffice to say I like it and I'm satisfied to call it an Omega. The Seamaster 300 is such a beautiful and iconic artifact, I think it's a crime it was ever out of production. But then again, if not for its scarcity, I wouldn't be able to have the feeling of time travel that comes over me when I wear this watch.

Tino, you and I have pretty similar tastes in watches, wouldn't you say? Cheers to you, buddy, for kicking off this thread!
    Last edited by workahol; Dec 5, 2014 at 07:43 PM.

16. Likes DM71, shameless, Samanator liked this post