Likes Likes:  46
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: **** Watches and cuff-link or even watches as cuff-links ****

When I was consulting, we had to dress properly for work. The cuff links are not the focus of these pictures, but these cufflink/watch combos were my two favorite, so I included the cuff links when I photographed the watches. Again, taken from my FB profile so forgive the quality:

Name:  320965_10151189648565899_188789177_n.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  39.0 KB
    The cuff links are made from old Rhodesian pennies. I was born in Harare (then Salisbury) but happily, the pennies predate me by 4 decades!

Name:  205896_10151189648460899_1870091172_n.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  38.4 KB
    These cuff links were found at a pawn shop in the 1990's for all of $4.50. When I cleaned them up they turned out to be solid 18ct gold! The 'matching' tie pin was bought on a flea market. It comes from a different set that included two very worn cuff links with the gold plating chipped off. However, the tie pin had not been used. It is only rolled gold, but matches very well. The Frederique Constant was my first decent Swiss watch I bought myself.

Apparently I have not posted this set in this thread. Circa 1972 Diastar and matching Diastar shaped cufflinks. From the state of their relative boxes, the cufflinks did not get much wear.

3. Likes scottjc, Smeagal, FSM71 liked this post