Likes Likes:  126
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Beijings here!

Ric Capucho

Show off your Beijings here!

It's no secret to anyone that I'm passionate about Beijing watches new and old. So here's a celebratory thread just for them.

Starting off with the truly lovely Beijing BeiHai, this one being the limited edition produced to acknowledge their 50th year anniversary (1958-2008). That's their inhouse SB18 handwind movement buzzing around in there.

Ric

2. Likes DJW GB, Recoil, saskwatch, Ryan liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Then we have this late 1970s vintage Shuangling 20 Zuan, from back in the day when Shuangling was an important brand coming out of Beijing Watch Factory. It's a day/date, and as you can see the day is written in mandarin chinese. I religiously set the day date correctly when wearing this, which was a bit if a headache to begin with for obvious reasons.

Ric

4. Likes BillyR___, DJW GB, iyonk, saskwatch, Ryan liked this post
    I have three 'real' Beijings:

Of course the BeiHai Limited:

The ZhuFeng:

with an older version of the same beautiful movement:

And an oldie, an SB5:

Not a real Beijing, but built for Maison Celadon by Beijing: the Celadon Imperial:

The third watch I own with an SB18:

6. Likes N/A, BillyR___, DJW GB, Recoil, HKEd, saskwatch, Ryan liked this post
    Sorry, but I am unable to contribute any different pieces and pictures to this thread as I own only one true Beijing, the BeiHai LE and the Celadon Imperial built by Beijing:

Name:  140214_Celadon_Beihai.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  55.9 KB
    Name:  140214_Celadon_Beihai_back.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  68.2 KB
    Last edited by MHe225; Nov 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

8. Likes N/A, Martin, BillyR___, DJW GB, Recoil, HKEd, saskwatch, Ryan liked this post
    I believe one of their cheapest models, the Zungu

Name:  Screenshot_2014-11-19-00-44-19_1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  67.1 KB

10. Likes N/A, Martin, DJW GB, saskwatch liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Late 1970s vintage Shuangling 40 Zuan.

Automatic movement, and ever so slightly red dial.

Ric

12. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, Recoil, HKEd, saskwatch liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Beijing ZunJue.

Bought on a whim from TaoBao when I was really looking for a black Beijing ZunDa, which is a different watch altogether. A couple of weeks later when this watch was still in transit to me I *found* a black ZunDa, so I had a bit of a duplication on my hands. Never mind, thought I, I can always sell on the ZunJue. Then it arrived, and it looked like *this*. And I have PM after PM asking me where a black ZunJue can be found, but it seems I bought the very last one, so it's like I dried up TaoBao completely.

Ric

14. Likes Martin, DJW GB, Recoil, saskwatch liked this post
    Ric's are better, but my Zungu comes with good bourbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes N/A, Martin, DJW GB, Recoil, HKEd, saskwatch liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Show off your Beijings here!

Beijing Model One Reissue.

When Beijing decided to mark their 55 year anniversary of their first ever watch (the Model One, which never went into serial production I believe) they made a few changes, but kept some things very much the same. The domed acrylic crystal remained, but their increased the case size to suit modern tastes, and added a (cough, spit) date window to make sure it'd appeal to more than just watch freaks.

The result is one of the most elegant watches that Beijing ever produced, and what is likely to become yet another unobtainable model that people scour TaoBao and Ebay in vain for.

Ric
    Last edited by Ric Capucho; Nov 24, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

18. Likes DJW GB, Recoil, HKEd, iyonk, saskwatch liked this post
    And another Ric .

Name:  P1100196 1 (480x640).jpg
Views: 363
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  S1380007 4 (600x450).jpg
Views: 316
Size:  169.4 KB

20. Likes Recoil, Martin, N/A, HKEd, MHe225, iyonk, saskwatch liked this post