Likes Likes:  67
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: **** More for a score - The old years **** entry's thread

So after some deliberation i have decided that my entry is the Prisma.

I had two other options a Sekonda and a Smiths but both arrived with problems, the Smiths has trouble with the hand adjustment although it winds and ticks ok

The Prisma i believe is a Dutch Watch i have found out due the miniscule amount of info available on the net. The only other one i have found is this expensive example, although it looks like it may be an electro-mechanical movement?
    Name:  Capture (605x640) (331x350).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  109.4 KB Name:  Capture 1 (638x640) (349x350).jpg
Views: 105
Size:  121.4 KB
    The nicely decorated movement is a FHF-96-4 Swiss movement from around the 70’s, at least that’s what it looks like on the Ranfft site here http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...2uswk&FHF_96_4 .

Name:  P1170599 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  327.8 KB
    I have given it a clean and a different strap and to be honest that’s all it needed. It keeps great time about 3-4secs a day. I like the way the colour changes with the angle from brown to grey.

Name:  P1170587 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 255
Size:  225.2 KB

Name:  P1170589 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 243
Size:  283.6 KB

All in it cost £16.00

2. Likes FuzzyB, is that my watch, OhDark30, Matt liked this post
    so who missing ?? am sure their was a few more entry's
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so who missing ?? am sure their was a few more entry's
    Me for one - As soon as I get my act together and put it back together.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

will have to do something soon thou as it has lost momentum and don't want to stall out the comp
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

ok then I still need several member to do pics and info here as I want to get this moving again as it seems to have ground to a halt so am going to kick stater it on Saturday with a thread on entry's I will use for reference and possible on sunday start the first round ...

so get those entry's in guys think we are waiting on two ? ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Here's the original

and an extra from my travels

I've not been up Tower Bridge in several decades. Now it's all very civilised apart from one truly horrifying detail. Some madman has replaced an extended section of floor with what they describe as glass, but which I can confirm is in fact pure terror.

Exhibit A:

Now, as WIS, you are probably distracted from the evidence of certain doom by such a fine watch. However, by a simple change of focus, the full horror is revealed:

Exhibit B:

It was not helped by my daughter tunelessly whistling 'London Bridge is falling down'...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    And finally, here is my entry. This was a last minute bid of desperation since none of my other possible entries worked out.

From the beginning, I was hoping to find a really cool travel alarm. I’ve seen some very interesting ones go for next to nothing, but no such luck during this competition. I am pleased with the looks of this one though.

This one came complete with the original box and a note on the inside that it was received as a gift on 25 April 1976, which actually makes it a birth year clock for me.

Beautiful blue sunburst dial.

And what really made this one jump out to me is the engine turned case.

This one came in right at £18 and slightly over £20 with shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    So here is my entry, slava travel alarm clock. when it arrived it was a bit battered and running slow. Sorted the timing out and a bit of a spruce up. Just under £20 Inc post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    So this ends up being my entry:

Vintage Womens Eternamatic Automatic Stainless Steel Watch Working: A vintage womens Eternamatic automatic movement stainless steel watch. Watch is in overall nice clean condition for its age but has some scratching on the case and 1 small hairline crack in the crystal. Automatic mechanical movement and in working condition.

Ended: 13 Mar, 2018 23:46:22 GMT
    Winning bid: US $26.00 (Approximately £18.59)[ 11 bids ]
    Postage: US $3.50 Standard Delivery

Attachment 75360

Attachment 75361

These are the seller's pics. Here are some (bad) ones of my own:

Attachment 75365

Attachment 75366

Jeannie
    here's mine will up load pics in a bit ...

I bought a job lot of two sekonda's one mans one women's both after a quick bit of tlc work well ( apart from shoulderless bars needing cutting off and all that ) was tempted to go with the white dial sekonda but it's nothing new it been seen before or well similar so I thought I would go with the ladies one for a change it is .... A

solid gold ( marked in the lugs )
    1970's well pre 1980's as ussr on dial
    17 jewelled Russian movement
    real gold hands
    roman numbers on a gold circle with deep red backing dial
    and a bevelled crystal

Attachment 75605Attachment 75606

not bad when the set cost me £2.05 so that is £1.02 and a half pence each the post cost more £2.95

did come on a gold plated bracelet which am cleaning at present so on a nato for now

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    So after some deliberation i have decided that my entry is the Prisma.

I had two other options a Sekonda and a Smiths but both arrived with problems, the Smiths has trouble with the hand adjustment although it winds and ticks ok

The Prisma i believe is a Dutch Watch i have found out due the miniscule amount of info available on the net. The only other one i have found is this expensive example, although it looks like it may be an electro-mechanical movement?
    Name:  Capture (605x640) (331x350).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  109.4 KB Name:  Capture 1 (638x640) (349x350).jpg
Views: 105
Size:  121.4 KB
    The nicely decorated movement is a FHF-96-4 Swiss movement from around the 70’s, at least that’s what it looks like on the Ranfft site here http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...2uswk&FHF_96_4 .

Name:  P1170599 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  327.8 KB
    I have given it a clean and a different strap and to be honest that’s all it needed. It keeps great time about 3-4secs a day. I like the way the colour changes with the angle from brown to grey.

Name:  P1170587 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 255
Size:  225.2 KB

Name:  P1170589 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 243
Size:  283.6 KB

All in it cost £16.00
    in so far
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    I want to start this... the week end so will be p.m ing those that need to do a pic /info before then next day or so as we have lost the momentum so will need to get it going again........ so please have the pics and info done as we are waiting on just two I believe if they do not appear I WILL USE info pics that are available or will put them up against each other to move this along so will be starting the picks on Saturday and the comp will start on sunday and each one will run Sunday to Saturday
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes OhDark30, DJW GB liked this post
    William are you playing too

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Vintage Junghans Travel alarm clock- pretty cool stuff

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes watchdaddy1, OhDark30 liked this post
    think I have p.m those were waiting on now ?

will have to check threads to see if all are here
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    William are you playing too
    Sure but this was free
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

15. Likes Matt liked this post