Likes Likes:  6,524
Page 188 of 501 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 9 - Moderate Weatherproof Chronomètre

well as you can gather from these pics i was working on a little project

well finished it off now

not bad really when it was all busted up to start with looked like it had been dropped and then very badly put back together the mirror part was in a right state as I said it was put back together badly then painted a baby blush pink and had linen butterflies put on the corners and sides to hide the damage so i stripped it down repair and added my own moulding to the parts that was really bad to hide where i had repaired it

but think it will do now I had a go at sorting it out ...

Name:  DSCF2178.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  105.0 KB

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes DJW GB, The Watch Smeller, Tomo_Leeds liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

well finished it off now

not bad really when it was all busted up to start with looked like it had been dropped and then very badly put back together the mirror part was in a right state as I said it was put back together badly then painted a baby blush pink and had linen butterflies put on the corners and sides to hide the damage so i stripped it down repair and added my own moulding to the parts that was really bad to hide where i had repaired it

Very nice ,I would think you could sell it for a reasonable amount if you want to. Good to see recycling in action.

Billy super duper

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Very nice ,I would think you could sell it for a reasonable amount if you want to. Good to see recycling in action.

Billy super duper
    thanks mate

well did it for my mom as she had bought it not realising the damage and thought it just needed repainting so she seems happy with the end result so not bad for £8 plus some time and effort on repairing and painting and molding and what not so yeah
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

well finished it off now

Well done ismy, wish I could turn my hand to anything. I’m worse than useless when it comes to DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    Well done ismy, wish I could turn my hand to anything. I’m worse than useless when it comes to DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks mate did a few other improvements too... a console table a rad cover and a cut down on a box drawer cupboard so it could fit into a smaller gap between a wall and side of a toilet
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes The Watch Smeller liked this post
    Afternoon shopping done and weather not to bad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Its now a year since my wife passed away I am sitting in her room she had converted and it is now my sort of study with all my crap, could not sleep a wink last night I am Going into Clydebank to take my Pulsar to my watch guy and usual shopping, not splashing out on watches at the moment MOT and insurance for house and car due paying in lump sum so that that is out the way not sure if any work needed on the car as not even done 900 miles since I bought it,I only need it for shopping and odds and sods I am down to 20 watches in total and even some of them will not get worn so another few might go we will see
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

13. Likes Seriously, JackRandom, Churchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Its now a year since my wife passed away I am sitting in her room she had converted and it is now my sort of study with all my crap, could not sleep a wink last night I am Going into Clydebank to take my Pulsar to my watch guy and usual shopping, not splashing out on watches at the moment MOT and insurance for house and car due paying in lump sum so that that is out the way not sure if any work needed on the car as not even done 900 miles since I bought it,I only need it for shopping and odds and sods I am down to 20 watches in total and even some of them will not get worn so another few might go we will see
    I get that just going through the motions ant it all on auto like but really we detach from the real and just ghost along nothing changing

wish I would say you will forget with time but you won't but the pain will dull with time always does... so hopefully all you will be left with are good memory's
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

MWC vet, still collecting Churchy's Avatar
    London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries
    Been a busy boy this morning
    Swapped the bracelet on the Citizen calibre 2100, now looking like new and ready for another 20 years

The links were definitely wearing and I ended up not needing to remove a link as I was planning (I’ve lost some weight and I’m resizing most of my watches)

You can see it’s half a link smaller with the same number of links
    My Seiko Solar seemed to have died completely in spite of a few days on the window sill
    I took the back off to check the battery, it fits in face down so I removed it to see the number, Panasonic MT920 if you’re wondering, now it’s back together it’s ticking away happily???, going to give it another few days in the sun and see where I stand

16. Likes DJW GB, Smeagal liked this post
    well I bought what was suppose to be a pocket watch

Vital Pocket watch. Wind up movement. All working fine.

well some of it was true winds up and all working fine but ant no pocket watch it is a ladies pendant watch as its about as big as a ten pence piece
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

18. Likes Smeagal liked this post