Likes Likes:  6,524
Page 193 of 501 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 9 - Moderate Weatherproof Chronomètre

Silly me I had not fully pushed the battery retaining cover back on I just pushed with a cocktail stick and heard it click .

Billy super duper

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Well thanks for the help all , you were right . Just a gentle lever with a jewellers screwdriver and out it popped. The module attached to the battery cover then split that an there's your battery. The only thing is not all the digits are working but it's keeping time as far as I can see. Never mind .
    For information it's a
    W10
    415 module
    CR2016 battery

Billy super duper
    possible if you reset it could fix the issues but can't see a reboot on that one some have two point you make contact with after swapping the battery to system reset it .. but as it's mid to late 80's might have fused by now and they are gone for good .. but have a look to see if you can jump start it

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    I did think of that , I saw the reset mark on the battery case but was not sure as I had some sort of display. Still you live and learn.

Billy super duper

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    I did think of that , I saw the reset mark on the battery case but was not sure as I had some sort of display. Still you live and learn.

Billy super duper
    yeah thats the thing you could get a full read but then not be able to set or anything like that ..they don't always need to be reset mean with the 52's never had but the f91 say or some of the w range then yeah they need it .. plus when the digits go it looks different as they are normal lighter and gappy .. where the one seen was strong and clear and dark so did think a possible reset or make sure contact was clean was the issue
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Evening guys, well I picked this up today from the po depot, thanks to the import ransom I had to pay, not too bad tho. After trying to get it running for an hour turned out the case back was too tight and restricting the movement somehow! Loosened it by 1/6th of a turn brought it to life!
    Sharkey Tuna in bronze, fully lumed

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Morning all should have changed the date. I have just ordered a skip and new fencing altogether £400 so no watches for a while,will do the work during my rest times from work so will be be wearing old work clothes for at least a week should be interesting
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smeagal; Mar 18, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

8. Likes The Watch Smeller, DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    Evening guys, well I picked this up today from the po depot, thanks to the import ransom I had to pay, not too bad tho. After trying to get it running for an hour turned out the case back was too tight and restricting the movement somehow! Loosened it by 1/6th of a turn brought it to life!
    Sharkey Tuna in bronze, fully lumed

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    Niiice congrats Sharky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes sharkyfisher liked this post
    I have one more section of fencing to put up will finish the rest tomorrow then paint on Sunday as going out on Saturday, the skip is full and in the driveway and have had to take pain relief for my back. Heading out for my 3 o'clock SPX and going to watch the football later
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    yeah been doing some bits of diy and fixing a handle or two and going on the bay for a bit fancy a tat lot for a tinker ant tinker since I messed up my 3133 trying to fix one of them for ws .. fancy some seikos this time just ant decide whether quartz or mech yet . then back to house work .talking old seikos this ones on the wrist last couple of days
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes Smeagal, DJW GB liked this post
    At work as usual but I’ve got the bund to keep me company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk