Enrique Muyshondt is the founder of Muyshondt Enterprises, a company that creates electric torches. He loves simple, vintage, analog things — cars, vinyl, cameras, and, of course, watches. Hi Enrique, tell me about your love affair with watches; do you remember when it started? I had a Timex with Indiglo when I was a kid, which would never come off my wrist —*I’m a post-quartz-crisis guy. Over time I had more modern fare, Citizen Eco-Drive watches in particular, and eventually made my way to mechanical watches a few years ago, starting with a Seiko Sumo, and then it all went downhill from there! There’s a particular appeal for me in clean, elegant design that’s prevalent in many modern watch brands, and a specific fascination with a form of engineering taken to its furthest possible form in watches, F1 racing, and a few other fields. What is your daily watch, and why? It varies. Lately, a Mitsukoshi (Panda) Speedmaster, but the polar-dialled Rolex Explorer II, Omega Seamaster 300 (vintage re-issue) and others are also favourites from the larger brands. I’m a particular fan of the work from Halios and Oak & Oscar, in microbrands, as well. What does your collection look…

The post WHO TO FOLLOW: @EnriqueMuyshondt appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...