Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Montblanc - Heritage Chronométrie Quantième Complet

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I've handled a few Montblanc watches before (not this specific model). I don't know how to put it: objectively, I can't really point any major flaws - sure, the cases are a bit basic but they're not too expensive - and they seem to have a lot of arguments but, somehow, the final product always failed to impress, me. It's a "so what?" kind of feeling...

Sorry, William, I should be here enabling and all that but, in this case, I just can't.
    Thanks C. It does the exact opposite for me. I almost pulled out a C.C & purchased right on the spot. But I don't charge watches.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    For me, I would definitely want running seconds, especially for a full calendar. But if that doesn't bother you, why not consider a true perpetual that's in the same price range:

https://www.jomashop.com/frederique-...h-775s4s6.html
    The price for that is too steep for me, not even close to the 1 in question mlcor about 1/2 that on Joma. I have handled that FC & it is a nice piece, unfortunately out of my price range @ the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    I definitely dig it! Can't tell from the pics, does it have the white star in the crown? That's definitely an iconic attribute I'd want it to have.
    Yes it has the star on the crown , but it's not contrasted on it

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    William, since you asked......

It looks like it’s frowning. The day and month stand out as the “eyes” and the shape of the moon phase window is downturned. It makes me wonder why the watch is so sad. Cheer up—I know the moon phase is a complication that’s only useful to werewolves, but that’s no reason to be such a gloomy gus. I didn’t even notice the pointer date at first, and while I generally dislike them because they make the date complication, a watch’s dirty shame, an ever present dial feature, this is more discreet, so there’s something to be said for that. But, the dial color, well, I can’t say I’m a fan. At first glance it did look white, which I like, but in the bracelet phot, I could clearly see that it’s silver. I once read that white dials are harder to make, so when I see a silver dial on a dressy watch, I just feel like they’re playing it way too safe rather than committing to a white dial. That said, on the strap, by comparison, it really does look white, so it may not come up. I figure legibility will be an issue, so you have to make your peace with that. No seconds hand, either.....

Basically, the frowning dial and no seconds hand would keep me from ever owning this watch. It is pretty nice, but I can’t live without a running seconds hand and I can’t unsee the frown. Montblanc makes a great pen and some really attractive dress watches, but this one doesn’t do it for me.

Ahh hell ! I thought you would agree w/ me of all here on this 1. All moon-phase watches look like there frowning.Thanks for yr thoughts Raza
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Apr 23, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

2. Likes CFR, jaibee61, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    The price for that is too steep for me, not even close to the 1 in question mlcor about 1/2 that on Joma. I have handled that FC & it is a nice piece, unfortunately out of my price range @ the moment.
    Ah, well. Don't think I didn't catch the qualifier at the end.

4. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Ok Maestro - I might be way off base but this might be worth considering as an alternate.

http://wornandwound.com/review/jungh...r-moon-review/

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

6. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaibee61 View Post
    Ok Maestro - I might be way off base but this might be worth considering as an alternate.

http://wornandwound.com/review/jungh...r-moon-review/

Welcome!

The Junghans is very good value, and I like the fact that it has a seconds hand, too. However, it does have an acrylic crystal--this alone might not be an issue, but it has some sort of protective coating, which I think means you can't just clean up scratches using Polywatch.

8. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    This FC is a nice piece. Lots of details and a solid design. Available at very friendly prices.

10. Likes watchdaddy1, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    All moon-phase watches look like there frowning.
    I beg to differ... this one always puts a smile on MY face:

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

12. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Montblanc is getting serious. They are doing some pretty legit stuff. Check out this video:

14. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    I beg to differ... this one always puts a smile on MY face:

& I can see why Vincent
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

16. Likes Vincent Vega liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Montblanc is getting serious. They are doing some pretty legit stuff. Check out this video:

Interesting .Thank you I just learned something new.
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

18. Likes Perseus liked this post
    if the lack of running seconds is "just a small detail" to you, than i would say BUY IT! Remember how Panerai prices exploded? This brand might be next to do that........
    Last edited by I-B; Apr 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM.