Likes Likes:  181
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The Leather Goods Thread

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Wow, I checked the Cravar website and looks like great stuff Raza, thanks for the info! I've been a Saddleback whore for a long time but, like you, kinda disappointed with them of recent, especially given the reduced offerings at projected higher prices, yike . . .

I think the Cravar Rana 13 is in my very near future since I've been looking for a lighter weight brief that will hold my chrome book without causing risk of injury/hernia
    If you give one a try, please share your thoughts!

I have been considering a smaller brief to use for the office in place of my Tumi backpack. The Tumi is convenient for travel, but it is overkill for daily office visits

2. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    So as I was stumbling around the www recently, Waterfield Designs out of San Francisco popped up. Some days I just take my laptop, wallet, cell (and car/office keys) to work and this waxed canvas cycling musette will do that job in stellar fashion, excuse the dusty lanai. Not leather so much lighter, offered in different colors but since I love blue . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

4. Likes Mediocre, Raza, hayday liked this post
    Savagely Average
    So as I was stumbling around the www recently, Waterfield Designs out of San Francisco popped up. Some days I just take my laptop, wallet, cell (and car/office keys) to work and this waxed canvas cycling musette will do that job in stellar fashion, excuse the dusty lanai. Not leather so much lighter, offered in different colors but since I love blue . . . .
    Love that color!!

6. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Great color! Reminds me of the waxed canvas Indiana Satchel I used to use as a little day bag (but I’ve since moved to something bigger and started to use that bag for something else), but in a cool blue color.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

8. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Great color! Reminds me of the waxed canvas Indiana Satchel I used to use as a little day bag (but I’ve since moved to something bigger and started to use that bag for something else), but in a cool blue color.
    Thanks! Though I have looked at the Indiana Satchel many times in the past, I never opted for it as there was always another bag/brief/satchel that was in line ahead of it. I can see how it'd fit in as a small daily carry . . .

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Though I have looked at the Indiana Satchel many times in the past, I never opted for it as there was always another bag/brief/satchel that was in line ahead of it. I can see how it'd fit in as a small daily carry . . .
    Also, wow. Talk about being for real California—that brand has cases and gear for not only the Nintendo Switch, but also the Analogue Pocket (essentially a new form Gameboy built with modern electronics and the ability to take cartridges from multiple generations of Nintendo and Sega handhelds, very impressive little handheld), the Steam Deck, the ASUS ROG Ally, and the Logitech G Cloud gaming handheld. Their gaming accessories page is no joke. They must have some real gamers in their design staff, I don’t own half of that shit and I’ve only really considered something like it so I can play Forza in bed.

12. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Also, wow. Talk about being for real California—that brand has cases and gear for not only the Nintendo Switch, but also the Analogue Pocket (essentially a new form Gameboy built with modern electronics and the ability to take cartridges from multiple generations of Nintendo and Sega handhelds, very impressive little handheld), the Steam Deck, the ASUS ROG Ally, and the Logitech G Cloud gaming handheld. Their gaming accessories page is no joke. They must have some real gamers in their design staff, I don’t own half of that shit and I’ve only really considered something like it so I can play Forza in bed.
    Ha, ha . . . . With the exception of Nintendo, only cause my son had one when he was younger, I don't understand/know what you're talking about . . . . but if you're impressed, I'm impressed . The bags and satchels, etc though, really really cool!!!

14. Likes Raza, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Ha, ha . . . . With the exception of Nintendo, only cause my son had one when he was younger, I don't understand/know what you're talking about . . . . but if you're impressed, I'm impressed . The bags and satchels, etc though, really really cool!!!
    These new handhelds are pretty impressive—the Steam Deck and ASUS ROG Ally are essentially mini computers that run PC games on them (with varying levels of success, battery life, and heat buildup); they’re moddable and hackable and can pretty much be made to run anything (with varying levels of success, again), something like the Logitech G Cloud is a cloud gaming handheld that doesn’t run the games itself, but rather connects to a Cloud-based gaming service, such as Xbox Game Pass, to run a local instance of a cloud based game. I’ve done some cloud gaming, the technology isn’t there yet; I live in the 6th largest city in the country and my WiFi isn’t reliable enough to play anything that requires real computing power. I tried a Ghost Recon game in the cloud on my Xbox and whenever I got into a firefight, the connection would stutter pretty badly. Not a big deal when you’re playing Power Wash Simulator, the patio furniture doesn’t shoot back. But in Ghost Recon…

However, this has set me down the route [autocorrect] of past-1AM bad decision-making, as I really do not need to be spending $88 on a new Switch Lite case just because it has a silent magnetic closure instead of a zipper like my current Switch Lite case, which I’m now constantly assuring myself is nice enough and doesn’t need to be upgraded.
    Last edited by Raza; Feb 2, 2024 at 01:51 PM.

16. Likes uchinanchu, Mediocre liked this post
    These new handhelds are pretty impressive—the Steam Deck and ASUS ROG Ally are essentially mini computers that run PC games on them (with varying levels of success, battery life, and heat buildup); they’re moddable and hackable and can pretty much be made to run anything (with varying levels of success, again), something like the Logitech G Cloud is a cloud gaming handheld that doesn’t run the games itself, but rather connects to a Cloud-based gaming service, such as Xbox Game Pass, to run a local instance of a cloud based game. I’ve done some cloud gaming, the technology isn’t there yet; I live in the 6th largest city in the country and my WiFi isn’t reliable enough to play anything that requires real computing power. I tried a Ghost Recon game in the cloud on my Xbox and whenever I got into a firefight, the connection would stutter pretty badly. Not a big deal when you’re playing Power Wash Simulator, the patio furniture doesn’t shoot back. But in Ghost Recon…

However, this has set me down the root of past-1AM bad decision-making, as I really do not need to be spending $88 on a new Switch Lite case just because it has a silent magnetic closure instead of a zipper like my current Switch Lite case, which I’m now constantly assuring myself is nice enough and doesn’t need to be upgraded.
    , sorry I opened a can of worms . . . . .

18. Likes Raza, Mediocre liked this post
    Ok guys and gals, checked with a moderator before posting this and/but here's my sad and sordid story . . . I checked out Cravar after Raza mentioned the brand and ended up purchasing their Rana 13 leather bag in the brown hued Fox color way. I was looking for something lighter than the Saddle Back Leather stuff that I have. It retails for $400 and has uses as a camera bag cause it has removable dividers in addition to usual messenger bag duties. It is all that Cravar and various reviews claim - great veg-tanned leather built with quality components.

BUT, unfortunately with all the stuff that I carry, it is still too heavy, at least for me, so I will probably look for another canvas bag like the Waterfield Designs musette that I showed off earlier. The Rana 13 has been with me all of a week or so and it is still in pristine condition as you might well imagine. If anyone is interested in taking it away from me, please let me know. Looking for $250, I will ship within the USA. For international members probably won't work what with customs regs in various countries but I'd be open to suggestions that would be fair for me and buyer. Anyway, some pics attached and if any questions or more info desired, holler loudly please.

Mods, thanks for the consideration for letting me do this!!!

Exterior: 14.4" x 10.8" x 5.1"
    Interior: 13.7" x 10" x 4.7"
    3.7 lbs
    Two Spacious front pockets, one full width back pocket, luggage handle on back
    Removable/adjustable shoulder strap
    Side flaps for weather protection
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by uchinanchu; Feb 2, 2024 at 05:12 PM. Reason: more info

20. Likes Mediocre, Raza, hayday liked this post