Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Watch Recon

  1. #1

    Watch Recon

    Would there be a problem with me pushing to get IWL sales threads on watchrecon.com?

    I've already emailed them, then thought to ask. Sorry.

  2. Likes Perseus liked this post
  3. #2
    Member Drop of a Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wherever there's doughnuts.
    Posts
    112
    How does it normally work?

    "He's just a witness"

  4. #3

    Watch Recon

    I haven't even ventured over to the sales corner here before. I guess watchrecon can link to any publicly available sales posts they choose.
    Last edited by Brad; Nov 16, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I haven't even ventured over to the sales corner here before. I guess watchrecon can link to any publicly available sales posts they choose.
    Yeah, I would think so. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as one or the other, watchrecon or the forum, stepping on the other's toes.

    I can't figure out how it's a problem, but I don't run websites. I just wanted to ask.

    If I can't get this sales forum on watch recon, then I would want to post somewhere else. I'd prefer to post here.

  6. #5
    Sammy at watchrecon.com replied and said due to cost we'll have to have more volume in order to justify the cost for him. I completely understand, but am perplexed as to how we get over the hump and get the necessary volume.

  7. #6
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    We just need to keep the members coming!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  8. #7
    Scam Hunter Broker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    2,422
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    Sammy at watchrecon.com replied and said due to cost we'll have to have more volume in order to justify the cost for him. I completely understand, but am perplexed as to how we get over the hump and get the necessary volume.
    This forum will be open to private sellers and dealers for a while. Traffic will get here. No worries about that.

  9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
  10. #8
    Licorice eater Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    927
    Blog Entries
    2
    Would it be cricket to post a sale thread both here & WUS, in order to get picked up by WatchRecon? Would there be any conflict there? If not that seems like the thing to do, at least until IWL gets big enough to get listed on WatchRecon. Mods?
    She said I was the apple of her eye so I told her she was the rutabaga of my duodenum.

  11. #9
    Undistinguished
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Memphis Area
    Posts
    802
    Interesting thought, those are the ideas that lead to growth. Probably a 1/4 of my watch purchases were a result of watch recon

  12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
  13. #10
    Scam Hunter Broker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    2,422
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Would it be cricket to post a sale thread both here & WUS, in order to get picked up by WatchRecon? Would there be any conflict there? If not that seems like the thing to do, at least until IWL gets big enough to get listed on WatchRecon. Mods?
    Sure. I'm going to list watches there also. The more exposure on a sale the better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us