Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, wood you?

Well, wood you?

.. or dry rot
    or death watch beetle
    or Dutch elm disease..
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Blog Entries
    When I first got into watches I bought a woodie and posted pix of it at The Old Place™. I got ridiculed mercilessly for it, which I thought was pretty shitty. Dunno why some people feel the need to belittle others. Anyway, I quickly outgrew it and though I still have it don't wear it much at all. I still kind of like it though.

Name:  Woodie1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  77.4 KB Name:  woodie2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  49.8 KB
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

3. Likes I-B, TigerDore, CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    When I first got into watches I bought a woodie and posted pix of it at The Old Place™. I got ridiculed mercilessly for it, which I thought was pretty shitty. Dunno why some people feel the need to belittle others. Anyway, I quickly outgrew it and though I still have it don't wear it much at all. I still kind of like it though.

I have owned quite a few non-forum-approved watches, and I learned it's important to maintain stability during outbursts of group-think. That's when I went to hide in the Affordables, Vintage, Chinese or Russian forums. The wood grain in your watch is beautiful, and the idea of a wooden watch is charming. When I was a kid I built a kit for an all-wooden wall-clock. It was difficult to assemble, and didn't run very well in the end, but the gears were lovely. (Well, OK, I'll be honest, the only way I could get it to tick was to manually pull down hard on the weight, as the friction was so high in the wooden gears that it didn't actually run on its own. The idea was cool though.)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

5. Likes OhDark30, Strange, I-B liked this post
    Name:  woody.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  144.1 KB

I have no further comment on the matter.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes TigerDore, CFR liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    ... Dunno why some people feel the need to belittle others....
    That mindset is why I left the previous forum too. I am glad Samanator invited me here!

10. Likes Strange liked this post
    I can see where one of these might spruce up my collection and I cedar appeal, but I'm not fir it.

12. Likes OhDark30, DJW GB, geoffbot, Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    I can see where one of these might spruce up my collection and I cedar appeal, but I'm not fir it.
    So when all is said and done, you don't pine for one?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

14. Likes TigerDore, OhDark30, DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    So when all is said and done, you don't pine for one?
    Just goes against my grain.