Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Requesting a reality check…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Just don't confuse it with neoplasm, and everything will be fine.

Redundant tumors, now there's an unsettling thought.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

Redundant tumors, now there's an unsettling thought.
    English is such a tricky language...

3. Likes Strange liked this post

5. Likes OhDark30, Strange, Dan R, Perseus liked this post
    chuckmiller says: They sound boorish and unworthy of your attention.

Jato says: The time it takes to ignore what others think is zero. To react to what others think is time wasted.
    F them

I'm slowly realizing the truth in these remarks. Why get wrapped around the axle about the petty mewlings of inconsequential people?

I’m surprised you didn’t retort with a humdinger of a retort/put-down that not even an idiot would try and come back at, and would clearly put them in their place (as the person that was in the wrong to pull you up on your ‘big’ words.)

But as Jato says, they simply aren’t worth your time.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I’m surprised you didn’t retort with a humdinger of a retort/put-down that not even an idiot would try and come back at, and would clearly put them in their place (as the person that was in the wrong to pull you up on your ‘big’ words.)
    I would have but unfortunately I have what the French call a 'staircase wit' meaning I can never think of a snappy retort in the moment but only after the fact. <sigh>

I'm a little leery of getting too snarky since the page belongs to a guy I've been friends with since July 1964, and as much as he can annoy me at times I don't want to ruffle his feathers. I'd like to bitch slap his sycophantic fanboys into the next century since they dutifully overstep the bounds of reason in (unnecessarily) coming to the defense of their hero whenever anyone disagrees with him. But doing so would alienate my friend, who has a fairly personal relationship with a number of those fans. <sigh>
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Blog Entries
    I would have but unfortunately I have what the French call a 'staircase wit' meaning I can never think of a snappy retort in the moment but only after the fact. <sigh>

I'm a little leery of getting too snarky since the page belongs to a guy I've been friends with since July 1964, and as much as he can annoy me at times I don't want to ruffle his feathers. I'd like to bitch slap his sycophantic fanboys into the next century since they dutifully overstep the bounds of reason in (unnecessarily) coming to the defense of their hero whenever anyone disagrees with him. But doing so would alienate my friend, who has a fairly personal relationship with a number of those fans. <sigh>
    You would undoubtedly lose. It is facebook and is designed that way and run by the morons. After you post, at least one will remind you that they did not invite you into their house just so you can poop on their floor; yet, they stand at the edge of the yard throwing poop at you as you walk buy.

Having myself been reminded of that when I thought they wanted to hear what I had to say, I know only follow people who don't fling poop at me.

I am better at making analogies than using big words. The people I work for don't like it when they have to find their dictionary. But I like that word, pleonasm. Thanks for sharing!

Dan

9. Likes Strange liked this post
    I'm in my late 30's and I've never heard or read the world pleonasm. I don't think it's a very common word, but that doesn't mean you were showing off. I used verbose in a grad school discussion and some of the youngsters looked at me I was speaking another language. Online people love to complain and tear people down. Let's be honest, no one has ever accused the comic book crowd of having above average intelligence.

11. Likes Strange liked this post