Is anyone else struggling with the fact that it’s June? I am, and this month’s Spotted is jam-packed with some crazy cool watches. Kicking things off, I started this month with ‘coffee and cars’ – and going in I was well aware that any combination of Heuer and Vintage Chronograph is always a winner amongst car enthusiasts. I quickly spotted this very interesting piece – a vintage Leonidas ‘Easy-Rider’. These Leonidas Easy-Riders have quite an interesting history and were introduced in the 1970s for a short period of time by Heuer, developed as an affordable model to battle the increasingly popular quartz watches coming out of Japan. For a more in-depth look at their history, check out Calibre 11’s ‘Ultimate Guide to the Heuer Easy-Rider’ (it’s very good). Later that morning, I spotted another icon on the wrist of @AutoReligion, who was wearing his Seiko PADI. Although owning a large collection of Swiss watches, like Rolex and Omega, its owner loved the classical design and robustness of the PADI. It’s his watch of choice for weekend activities and is also a nice reminder of the special place Japan holds in his heart. Later in the month, I found myself in…

The post SPOTTED! BY AG: Dispatch 11, June 2018 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...