Editor’s note: Sometimes there’s a fine science to what gets posted as an ‘editor’s pick’ — perhaps the watch is newsworthy again, or the story ties into some sort of seasonal holiday (get ready for tax time stories). This time, though, I didn’t overthink it. I was simply scrolling through our YouTube, and spotted the blue steel Laureato and olive bomber combo and was all “yep, that’s a hot look”. Superficial, or just plain super?* There’s something about the combination of utility and exclusivity that really appeals to people. And as I look down at the Laureato on my wrist as I type this, I can honestly say, I get it. Sure, tool-like dive watches and sporty chronographs fill a place in our watch-loving hearts that crave functionality and purpose, but a watch like the Laureato offers something more. Purpose and practicality, with ample lashings of beauty. I mean, just look at how that Clous de Paris dial, or those bracelet links, blaze in the light. This watch looks good in pictures, but it comes alive on the wrist. Girard-Perregaux Laureato 42mm Australian Pricing Girard-Perregaux Laureato 42mm, in steel on bracelet, $16,080

The post EDITOR’S PICK: Blue steel – Girard-Perregaux’s Laureato appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...