• litlmn ... zim / pobeda

2 22.22%
  • jeannie Eternamatic Automatic

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** M.F.S. - The old years - bonus Round ****

**** M.F.S. - The old years - bonus Round ****

Well we have been doing a more for a score - the old years thread for the last couple of months so now all of the watches / clocks are in. We get to the fun bit of looking at them and voting ..

All comments are welcome voting is open to all for those who use tapacrap just say so in your post and who you want if you want to join in ... All are welcome as I say ..

There is going to be a prize thanks to the kindly donation by iyonk's

(Quote Originally Posted by iyonk
    to make it more exciting...
    to add the fun... the winner of this competition will get one of my handmade strap, custom made for the winner wrist size and prefered lug size.. buckle and postal included.. they will be in brown since that's the material i got right now.. something in these style and colors.. )

and of course the badge but think we mainly did it as a bit of fun and frolics ..

The rules well everything has to have rules

1 ) can only vote once whether by vote or post....

2) think we don't need any more do we

These threads will run for six days for voting Sunday - Saturday.. every Saturday the winner will be put forward and the not so lucky watch will be out...

And then on the Sunday a draw will be done for the next round and so on till all the first rounds are drawn then the winners will go head to head in random draws till there is only one .....

Then they get bragging rights gifts and badges galore .....

so this will be multi-choice one off vote running for a week of all runners up so far ...with one going forward to play off watchdaddys one

fuzzy B bulova clock

From the beginning, I was hoping to find a really cool travel alarm. I’ve seen some very interesting ones go for next to nothing, but no such luck during this competition. I am pleased with the looks of this one though.

This one came complete with the original box and a note on the inside that it was received as a gift on 25 April 1976, which actually makes it a birth year clock for me, Beautiful blue sunburst dial. And what really made this one jump out to me is the engine turned case. This one came in right at £18 and slightly over £20 with shipping.

vs

djw..Prisma.

So after some deliberation i have decided that my entry is the Prisma.

I had two other options a Sekonda and a Smiths but both arrived with problems, the Smiths has trouble with the hand adjustment although it winds and ticks ok

The Prisma i believe is a Dutch Watch i have found out due the miniscule amount of info available on the net. The only other one i have found is this expensive example, although it looks like it may be an electro-mechanical movement?, I have given it a clean and a different strap and to be honest that’s all it needed. It keeps great time about 3-4secs a day. I like the way the colour changes with the angle from brown to grey.All in it cost £16.00

vs

litlmn ... zim / pobeda

The Zim arrived today from Russia. Packaging had me a little worried that something might have gotten lost in translation. It winds and runs, so now I just need to clean it up. I have 2 others en route so we’ll see which one gets the nod for the comp.

vs

jeannie

So this ends up being my entry:

Vintage Womens Eternamatic Automatic Stainless Steel Watch Working: A vintage womens Eternamatic automatic movement stainless steel watch. Watch is in overall nice clean condition for its age but has some scratching on the case and 1 small hairline crack in the crystal. Automatic mechanical movement and in working condition.

£18.59 plus £2 post ,

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 15, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I'm putting my sensible head on for this one: Which one would I actually wear/use ?.... and it has to be Brian's Bulova.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

remember for just this one it is multi-choice voting if you want to vote for more then one
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    remember for just this one it is multi-choice voting if you want to vote for more then one
    I can only vote once? You might want to check the settings again i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I can only vote once? You might want to check the settings again i guess...
    you can only vote once ( any voting done on any of the voting threads is the same I think you can only vote once ) but for this one it is multi choice vote so you could vote for all four if you wanted too but you would have to do that on your one vote ( at the same time ) by click all four boxes or three or two or one depending on who you wanted to vote for ..but once you press vote now then you would be blocked from voting again ...

does that make sense ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

does that make sense ?
    Sure....

Name:  Confused-on-How-to-Vote-Follow-My-Vote.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  42.9 KB

Sure....

Name:  Confused-on-How-to-Vote-Follow-My-Vote.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  42.9 KB
    ok how about now

je kunt maar één keer stemmen (elke stem die op een van de stemrondes is gedaan, is hetzelfde, ik denk dat je maar één keer kunt stemmen) maar voor deze is het multiple choice stemmen, dus je zou op alle vier kunnen stemmen als je dat zou willen, maar dan zou je om dat te doen op je ene stem (op hetzelfde moment) door op alle vier de vakjes te klikken, of drie of twee of één, afhankelijk van wie je wilde stemmen .. maar als je nu eenmaal op de stem drukt, zou je weer geblokkeerd zijn om te gaan stemmen .. .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes I-B liked this post
    ok how about now

je kunt maar één keer stemmen (elke stem die op een van de stemrondes is gedaan, is hetzelfde, ik denk dat je maar één keer kunt stemmen) maar voor deze is het multiple choice stemmen, dus je zou op alle vier kunnen stemmen als je dat zou willen, maar dan zou je om dat te doen op je ene stem (op hetzelfde moment) door op alle vier de vakjes te klikken, of drie of twee of één, afhankelijk van wie je wilde stemmen .. maar als je nu eenmaal op de stem drukt, zou je weer geblokkeerd zijn om te gaan stemmen .. .

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Proving I'm on a roll, I just sat and agonised for ten minutes, wished i could vote for three of them and then finally punted for the Eterna. Then I read on...

*bangs head gently on the table*