Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** I want to buy a Invicta which would you buy ****

**** I want to buy a Invicta which would you buy ****

So I have always wanted to try a Invicta you know me like to give most brands a look see and make up my own mind but don't want to spend silly money on one thou, so not new at the silly rrp they go for I want it to be second hand and probably not over a ton less would be even better nothing to out their or two tone or a sub a like ... maybe even a chronograph so whats out there

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    I had a Grand Diver, which was not bad for the price but HUGE. Traded with a co-worker for a Bluetooth speaker.

Currently have one people call the "Yacht-Monster" in silver dial. I like it. Especially at the price. Both had Seiko NH35s which were fine. Though both used styling elements from other brands, neither was "homaging" a specific watch.

Big negatives on them were clasps and lume. But cheap.

Edit for visual aid:
    Last edited by Dimman; Jul 17, 2018 at 11:49 PM.

4. Likes watchdaddy1, iyonk liked this post
    I have the 8926OB (the sub homage) and mine run really well (as we know it use seiko movement with handwind and hacking, so its no problem there)..
    for a budget watch, it should serve the purpose very well... i just feel this one is to thick for the case size.. i wish they made it with no display back to reduce the height.. the 40mm case is perfect size though..
    the lume is not great, and mine got quite some bezel play..
    i got mine from a family member.. and i will keep it/enjoy it every time the mood strike and i got the chance.. i still feel it is overly thick..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    I had a Grand Diver, which was not bad for the price but HUGE. Traded with a co-worker for a Bluetooth speaker.

Currently have one people call the "Yacht-Monster" in silver dial. I like it. Especially at the price. Both had Seiko NH35s which were fine. Though both used styling elements from other brands, neither was "homaging" a specific watch.

Big negatives on them were clasps and lume. But cheap.
    they have one similar to the rolex with the silver bezel that has something.. think I just like the bezel
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Dimman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    I have the 8926OB (the sub homage) and mine run really well (as we know it use seiko movement with handwind and hacking, so its no problem there)..
    for a budget watch, it should serve the purpose very well... i just feel this one is to thick for the case size.. i wish they made it with no display back to reduce the height.. the 40mm case is perfect size though..
    the lume is not great, and mine got quite some bezel play..
    i got mine from a family member.. and i will keep it/enjoy it every time the mood strike and i got the chance.. i still feel it is overly thick..
    yes was looking at the early stuff before they started to go down some strange design choices
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    The ProDiver is a perfectly respectable watch if the QC gods are on your side.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. Likes OhDark30, hayday, synequano, Sedi, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    So I have always wanted to try a Invicta you know me like to give most brands a look see and make up my own mind but don't want to spend silly money on one thou, so not new at the silly rrp they go for I want it to be second hand and probably not over a ton less would be even better nothing to out their or two tone or a sub a like ... maybe even a chronograph so whats out there

As always Ismy
    They don't go for the rrp. Their business model is to price them at £1000 and give you a 90% discount then they're £100 and it looks like a bargain.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

14. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    the vintage invicta I believe have nothing to do with the modern ones I believe ? could be wrong but thought just the same name as was not the early invicta has a Russian connection ?

from the net ...

Invicta was a brand since the late 1800's, then went defunct in the 70's, came back in the 90's, at one point the Sector company owned it.....Sometime in early 2000's, Eyal and company bought the name, and started producing watches under the Invicta name again.
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 18, 2018 at 07:24 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    They don't go for the rrp. Their business model is to price them at £1000 and give you a 90% discount then they're £100 and it looks like a bargain.
    well depends where you get them from some second hand models still regular go for a ton plus so would not expect to see new much under £200 ish ..

so if you can show me new models at a ton that would be good ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy