Likes Likes:  422
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Seiko Appreciation Thread. Share your pics and stories!

Here are a couple photos of my Grand Seiko SBGR083 and a link to the Introduction Thread I posted on that "other" forum:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/rod-...s-1016121.html

Name:  GS Movement 2 4-21-14.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  134.2 KBName:  GS 6-9 Steering Wheel.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  108.4 KBName:  GS Forum Water.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  120.8 KBName:  GS 6-30.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  119.1 KB
    Last edited by RBrylawski; Nov 19, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

I recognise that avatar...welcome, Adi4!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Adi4 liked this post
    Allow me to add my SBGR083 to the mix...

Forget Rolex, Grand Seiko's are a hit with the ladies...

And the infamous, Grand Steak-O...

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Man I appreciate these GSes, but I don't own one! Yours JP would be top of the list, or maybe this (middle one)

Attachment 316
    Geoff, if you are going to talk Grand Seiko you have to talk in letters and numbers, that's what all the cool kids do.

For example:

I also like the SBGJ001 you are thinking about getting, but only because the SBGJ005 will likely be unavailable when I'm ready to buy.

6. Likes RBrylawski, wschofield3, Domo, I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    Allow me to add my SBGR083 to the mix...

Forget Rolex, Grand Seiko's are a hit with the ladies...

And the infamous, Grand Steak-O...

I remember the Grand Steako!!!! It still hurts to think of that stunning watch sitting on grease. Yes it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

8. Likes bu11itt, geoffbot, wschofield3 liked this post
    I've had 3 of 'em, great watches for money paid, can't beat the Japanese for subtle quality . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Dang you Rod and Bullit......dang you for posting those pics!!! And dang me for parting with that beauty. I'm feeling really bad for myself now. Can I get a pity yeeaahh?

Oh, and yes Geoff, we must discuss GS's in numbers. I saw that Citizen M registered but haven't seen him post yet. Him and Domo are the masters of the GS lineup!

Oh Citizen M....come out and play! (think The Warriors if anyone remembers that horrible movie).

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Dang you Rod and Bullit......dang you for posting those pics!!! And dang me for parting with that beauty. I'm feeling really bad for myself now. Can I get a pity yeeaahh?

Oh, and yes Geoff, we must discuss GS's in numbers. I saw that Citizen M registered but haven't seen him post yet. Him and Domo are the masters of the GS lineup!

Oh Citizen M....come out and play! (think The Warriors if anyone remembers that horrible movie).
    Um Walter, who pretty much begged you NOT to SELL your GS???? Who? Huh???

12. Likes Der Amf, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

I can understand missing the SBGR083, it is a great watch... but... for that PML, well now, that's as close to worth it as it'll likely ever get.

If you ever get nostalgic for the '83 just let me know, I'd bite the bullet and swap mine for the PML for a time. I'm just that charitable.
    Chris:

14. Likes RBrylawski, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I can understand missing the SBGR083, it is a great watch... but... for that PML, well now, that's as close to worth it as it'll likely ever get.

If you ever get nostalgic for the '83 just let me know, I'd bite the bullet and swap mine for the PML for a time. I'm just that charitable.
    So generous of you! Yes it is!

16. Likes bu11itt liked this post