Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Strap availability?

Strap availability?

Well, I went and ignored my own reason for NOT wearing a G Shock to work (construction), and now I have a very nice solar atomic 5600 with a torn strap. So far, it is only torn between two holes, but it will get worse. And I can't really see wearing it now as is. So does anyone know where I can get a replacement strap of the factory type to get the watch "whole" again? If I can find several, I'll keep wearing it to work. If not, I'll just go back to keeping my G's (3 of them) for casual/knock around watches.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

EBay has a ton.

Alternatively, you can buy NATO/ZULU adaptors and wear those straps instead.

"He's just a witness"

Every strap of a DW/GWM-56XX or DW/GW-69XX model will fit.

cheers, Sedi

Not sure, Sedi, I would stick to G/GW-5600 straps. I know DW-6900 and G-6900 straps are not interchangeable (or was it bezel only).

Cheers,

Sjors

It was only the bezel - the straps work fine. In fact the straps of the more colorful models (yellow, green, red) are exactly the same on the GW-M56XX and GW-6900 models.

Cheers, Sedi :-)

Thanks guys. Of course you're quite right, they are plentiful on eBay. Don't know why I didn't check, other than the fact that years ago I asked this same question at that other place, and no one had a source. At the time, none showed on eBay either. Glad to see the situation has changed, and I can continue to wear the super correct (atomic) 5600 for work. Folks seem to gravitate to me for the correct time. Probably because they know I'm fanatic about it.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I must say, this thread is inspiring me to go take a look at available strap and bezel combos. It might be time to change a few things up, just for the fun of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to PacParts.com type in the model and look at their inventory for the 5610. It will most likely say Not in stock or out of stock. That is not an issue. They do not keep much on hand but they can order it for you. It may take a week or two, or three. But as long as an item does not say "discontinued" you are fine. 5610 or or 5600 series straps are very common.

Here, I went to the site the part # for the GW-M5610 series strap in black is 91048371015 plug that in the part number section. It is $10.80 plus $4.95 shipping via USPS. It shows not in stock (read above).

Or you can go to the Bay and get one quicker but for more money.

Good luck