Likes Likes:  36
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Newmark 6BB

I've had my hands on the prototype - it's a nice watch, although I too am undecided between my preferred mechanical option and the afforability and reliability of the mechaquartz

What We Liked

• The presentation of the package and experience of unwrapping the watch is at Apple levels of superb
    • The watch feels great on the wrist and build quality is top-notch
    • Legibility – a common issue with chronographs – is brilliant

What We Didn’t Like

• We’d have preferred a mechanical option, as the sub-dials are the only part that is not period accurate
    • The watch is on the small side for modern tastes, which may put some people off
    • Although it is an accurate replica, it lacks some of the common details that make good watches great – such as a signed crown or a display case-back

Full review here: https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/a-wee...ronograph-2018

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes OhDark30, Matt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post

What We Didn’t Like

• Although it is an accurate replica,
    to me it can't be a accurate replica when one of the sub dial is not the same as the original ...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I’ve talked myself out of it. Initially by deciding to buy something else that would sweep the temptation away - but then I talked myself out of that as well. Over the course of a few days I found that my Newmark-inspired new watch fever had abated.

It’s a fine and worthy thing, the Newmark, perfect in every detail but one. I don’t actually mind the errant sub-dial that much, but if you’re looking for a reason to keep your money in your pocket, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’ve talked myself out of it. Initially by deciding to buy something else that would sweep the temptation away - but then I talked myself out of that as well. Over the course of a few days I found that my Newmark-inspired new watch fever had abated.

It’s a fine and worthy thing, the Newmark, perfect in every detail but one. I don’t actually mind the errant sub-dial that much, but if you’re looking for a reason to keep your money in your pocket, there it is.
    thats the thing a mech would have made it alright ..but if not a meh then think I would have prefer a decent quartz movement to have the features correct .. then going with a mecaquartz ... just my take would think on wearing the features would be the thing I would want most to be right
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Same here. I just can't quite work out who it's aimed at: the WIS community want an exact replica in every way and it's too much of a tool watch for the general population IMHO.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    I just can't quite work out who it's aimed at

That part I understand - it’s people like me.

I’ve only just decided against it, and there seem to be a good number of Timefactors / MWR and CWC types who are keen on it.

The original is much admired, he has no real competition, the price is tempting, and I think he’ll do OK. I hope so.

, he has no real competition,.
    well thats not exactly true now is it I can think of two possible three companys off the top of my head that do the same look in mech and with the right sub dials at a round that price point the only thing they are lacking is the newmark label ... I wonder if some times people are letting a lot go to have that name and will accept certain short falls just to have the name ? ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    I can think of two possible three companys off the top of my head that do the same look in mech and with the right sub dials at a round that price point

Who are they? I can’t think of them.

Who are they? I can’t think of them.
    well mwc for one, military industries for two and theirs another but can't think of the name of the third .. just trying to picture the watch
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

plus was there not a PRECISTA PRS-5 but guessing that one would have cost a lot more maybe and of course the cwc but again that would be even more
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy