Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tired 70's? Sekonda automatic

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    sounds very good so like your is the beta test haha we did start to do a threads with the go to sellers on it but it has not been updated in a while.. that's how it rolls on Russian forums a lot then nothing for a while then a lot again haha . think there was two done one parts was it and one watches I think ? lol and there is one on movement info as well and d.w did a good one the thread title escapes me at the minute but worth a look
    I'll certainly update as I go. Just emailed them re the Seiko.
    We'll see how quick they answer to begin with.
    Gaskets are only a few quid each so no loss if crap quality.

BTW what are red gaskets used for?

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    well I am no plumber but I thought they was used in hot/and cold water systems as they are special done to withstand the high and low temperatures ?

but I could be way off so ant got the slightish notion can't think I have come across them in the watches I have repair that I can think of... would they be a pop back seal ring for the case back maybe ? ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

just had a look and was quiet close here this one

Watch Gaskets Red Plastic Case Back Gasket Assortment (30 Pieces)

Your Price: $129.95

This is a great watch case back gasket assortment for watchmakers who work on Gucci, Omega, and other popular name brand watches. These red plastic gaskets are Swiss made and designed to maintain the water resistance of watches after repair.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well I am no plumber but I thought they was used in hot/and cold water systems as they are special done to withstand the high and low temperatures ?

but I could be way off so ant got the slightish notion can't think I have come across them in the watches I have repair that I can think of... would they be a pop back seal ring for the case back maybe ? ?
    Just another item on their site.
    Like you, never come across one before. Time for more googling me thinks.

I'll certainly update as I go. Just emailed them re the Seiko.
    We'll see how quick they answer to begin with.
    Gaskets are only a few quid each so no loss if crap quality.

Well. No reply to my email.
    Is this an omen to their level of service? Hmmm.

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Well. No reply to my email.
    Is this an omen to their level of service? Hmmm.
    let's hope not mate to have a u.k based place doing spare that fit ruskie's would be handed
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Just noticed a reason for the noisy/loose rotor.
    Looks like its missing the sliding release catch. Another part to hunt down.
    Still trying to find gasket suppliee who
    A) replies to emails
    B) takes paypal
    C) allows non watchmaker pros
    to order.

Just noticed a reason for the noisy/loose rotor.
    Looks like its missing the sliding release catch. Another part to hunt down.
    Still trying to find gasket suppliee who
    A) replies to emails
    B) takes paypal
    C) allows non watchmaker pros
    to order.
    if your are in the uk I might be able to send ya a vostok seal that should work at a pinch I have use them a few times for that

got another movement shot ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

if your are in the uk I might be able to send ya a vostok seal that should work at a pinch I have use them a few times for that

got another movement shot ?
    Hi.
    Very generous of you, thanks. Will reserve the favour as I have to order 3 different gaskets for other divers. Am in London BTW.
    I'll take some better shots tomorrow with macro lens attachment. Should be sunny so should come out better than the previous ones.
    I read that I can remove the autowind mechanism and leave it as manual wind. If I can't find rotor part I could do that.

Re measured and looks like 32mm outside diameter and 30mm inside diameter. Good gasket system. No sideways movement while tightening down.
    Last edited by ro63rto; Apr 8, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Grrr.
    Took a closer look at the rotor.
    The keeper is there. Tried tightening the screw. Still wobbly. Looks like something is worn out. Took it off for now as the auto wind is just a bolt on.

To top it off, the bracelet came apart just as I was taking it off.
    Looks like the previous tinkerer used a piece of bent thin wire to hold the links together in one spot. If i can remove links I can delete the bodge. Fingers crossed.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post