Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timegrapher anyone?

i may be old but i really dont care if my old watches are a few seconds or even a minute out - they only tell you it needs a service they don't fix the problem -who needs that !! and i wouldn't know really but do you need to have a timeographer serviced !

2. Likes Jato liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    ... they only tell you it needs a service they don't fix the problem ...
    True enough; but for a tinkerer like myself, what they tell is valuable information.

As for the question of servicing the timegrapher itself.... ... I've never considered that before.
    Given that it's solid state digital, you wouldn't expect too much fluctuation; but it must have been calibrated at some point in its manufacture. Whether it would or should need recalibrating at any point, I've no idea.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    Consider it the dipstick of wristwatches
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

6. Likes Dimman, tribe125, OhDark30, popoki nui liked this post
    Bought one when I purchased my TZ kit

Occasionally use it to monitor the accuracy of my watches across different phases of their PR

Sounds like I wouldn't even know what to do with all the information, might end up having sending all my three watches out for servicing #ignoranceisbliss

Sent from Arrakis using Spice Melange

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Hmm, these two are only available for iPhone, apparently.
    For Android, I found an app that's called Clock Tuner, but it doesn't seem reliable, at least without an external mic connected.
    The best three I am aware of on Android are:

WatchCheck
    Atomic Clock and Watch Accuracy Tool
    WildSpectra

The first two are based on manual inputs, the third uses your phone's mic to listen to the movement. I have never gotten the third to work reliably but fully admit it may be user error. Only the second appears to still be under active development.

None are a substitute for a timegrapher, though.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 356 Klassik | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

10. Likes rodia77, OhDark30 liked this post
    I had WildSpectra on my old phone. Now I remember what it's for. I couldn't remember why I downloaded that app.

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I had WildSpectra on my old phone. Now I remember what it's for. I couldn't remember why I downloaded that app.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

OK, I got the WeiShi-based model 1000. Most of the info on how to use it can be found scattered over the webz, but could someone more experienced help me with two questions for starters:

1. The 'test period': which setting best to use (2-60s) and how does it affect the reading?

2. When to capture the reading as the representative for a given position, if it changes during the measurement? (For example, I'm putting the watch on the thingy, start measuring, give it say half a minute to 'stabilise', but still the rate jumps from +8 to +15 to +10 to +14... the amplitude changes, too; the beat error seems to be the most stable value, and once it sets in, it generally stays there).

I created a little spreadsheet where I want to put the results, like this:

Name:  tg01.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  14.5 KB

but I have to get sensible results first and currentI don't find the values any reliable if they're just quite randomly taken from a range.

The Avg is another story -- the arithmetic mean doesn't cut it. I know that this watch does +7s/d when worn by me, but can this actual daily rate be calculated from the positional readings at all?

FWIW, I cared for getting some info in this case and posted the same on the other forum -- if anyone's interested in what folks had to say there, here's the link: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/tim...s-4842063.html