Likes Likes:  91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The little pleasures of watch ownership

I'lll second (or third or fourth) the pleasure of hand winding. I'll also add that closely examining the finishing of the movement on watches where it's well done is another. It's like a little secret world that 99.9% of the people out there don't know about at all.

So, this doesn't apply to all watches, but I have a soft spot for GMT watches (watches with a 24-hour hand). I usually set the 24-hour hand to home time, and something about how the hand makes one trip around the watch face each day really drives home the passage of time.

For example, it is easy to think of noon as relatively early in the day, but the 24-hour hand reminds you that, actually, the day is already half over.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 356 Klassik | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

3. Likes tribe125, I-B, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I hate ticking. And I don't really like wearing a watch, but I feel naked without it, and roll my eyes when I raise my wrist to check the time and its not there, so I'm stuck with it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes I-B, Marcus.arc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I hate ticking. And I don't really like wearing a watch.

7. Likes I-B, geoffbot, Marcus.arc liked this post
    I hate ticking. And I don't really like wearing a watch, but I feel naked without it, and roll my eyes when I raise my wrist to check the time and its not there, so I'm stuck with it.
    Since when became nudity a problem for you? Your cheezy Britbody still haunts me from time to time in my sleep

Geoff you crack me up

10. Likes Marcus.arc liked this post
    The problem is not how you feel, the problem is that you look naked even if it IS there.

12. Likes Marcus.arc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    cheezy Britbody

Love it. ‘Geoffbot’ and ‘cheezy Britbody’ - they’re forever linked in my mind.

14. Likes I-B, Marcus.arc liked this post
    I don't mind being naked, just don't like feeling it when I'm not.

Also I should say my dislike for ticking is that if 1 per second quartz. I like the 28k vph of a hairspring.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

16. Likes I-B, hayday, Marcus.arc liked this post
    I have a really light wallet which sure makes life easier when I'm enjoying my life and watches. I also have a little twitch that I've named platona.

18. Likes I-B, Marcus.arc liked this post