Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I've done it....

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Yep, I've sold them all. Vacheron -gone. GS - gone. Zenith - gone. All of them but one "better watch" - gone.

I kept the Speedy Pro and have all of my affordables left, the Baby Tuna (love it), the Mido the bride gifted me and will never go, picked up a new Certina DS-80 Powermatic that fits perfectly, my Revolution, and a variety of others.

I'm just going to sit right here for a while to determine what comes next as I need next purchases to be perfect, for me, and size was, is, an issue with the VC being perfect, but someone wanted it at my asking, so I sold it. The GS was a bit too small, the Zenith a touch large.

I'm getting very picky in my old age.

So, starting over, again...it should be interesting. What's next? I don't know, however, I am going to live with what I have for a bit and choose very carefully.
    I can relate to that since I made a simular move. I hope you feel reiieved and I wish you a happy hunt!

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    You're a braver man than I. Not sure I could pull that off.

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    What's next? I don't know, however, I am going to live with what I have for a bit and choose very carefully.

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Walt! That's an even more dramatic sell off than the one I did a couple of years ago? What prompted the move?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

8. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Wowzers! You're a strange chap.

Also, you've sold them 'all' but you still have more watches than me
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

10. Likes wschofield3, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Have you been kidnapped, and this is a secretly coded cry for help? Ninja Zulu cross-top, code-word 7-up? We're sending people to come save you, stat.
    I think he’s posted in the wrong thread
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

12. Likes skywatch, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I have to confess I'm a bit speechless right now, but I admire such a courageous move.

Can be fun. Good luck!
    It wasn't so much courageous, but more of an assessment taking stock in what the years have taught me re: my likes and dislikes. Starting over seemed the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    Wow.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah been doing the same not so much high end stuff as did not have any but yes am finding hard each time to replace what I sell was in to the mil looking g10 so had a selection of g10 a like but sold them all (well lost one just up and vanished ) in favour of the cwc same with vostok had over a 125 at one point down to five with three going so just keeping a shiny one and a beater ... I could go on ..so have saved a bit not a lot to some but around the comfort factor spending point ( what I can justify spending on a watch ) .. and can not find a thing gone very picking ... did have a couple of whim buys but those end up being sold too ... just at a lost as what one will be next
    Yes, it seems to be a cycle with me, but every time it happens, I get closer to my perfect collection.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Have you been kidnapped, and this is a secretly coded cry for help? Ninja Zulu cross-top, code-word 7-up? We're sending people to come save you, stat.
    I'm beyond saving, but thank you for the sentiment!

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Dang, Walter.
    Again, yep...it had to be done. Sure, I'll have regrets on selling a couple of them, but at least I know my current tastes, especially with the aforementioned sizing issues, will be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Whoa. All I can say is I’m stunned you let the VC go. Couldn’t have been perfect after all if you were willing to part with it.
    It was almost perfect, the flat, less curved case did create a bit of a gap on the wrist, but it was more about knowing that the 49150 may, probably, grace my wrist at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Wow Walter that indeed surprises but more power to you, will await with interest the next one(s) . . .
    Thank you, and I know you have been through this as well a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    Wow!!!
    Like everyone else, I'm extremely surprised to hear this (you let some amazing ones go for sure)...BUT, this means you have a very nice watch fund just sitting there, begging for what comes next!!! Hmmm...that's pretty exciting!
    Yes, a fresh start, which I've done twice before, is very exciting. I get to buy watches all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Actually I knew this day was coming but still shocked. If the pieces didn't work out then there's no sense in keeping them I guess. I think you sum it up best in your post "choose very carefully". I agree with that so take your time choosing the next one for the next journey.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    And I know we will be talking about the next one together my friend! I'm fairly certain I know what it will be, well, between two watches anyway....I'll fill you in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I can relate to that since I made a simular move. I hope you feel reiieved and I wish you a happy hunt!
    Thank you, I-B! Not so much relief but excitement to build a collection taking all of my criteria into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    You're a braver man than I. Not sure I could pull that off.
    Sure you could!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Wow, Walt! That's an even more dramatic sell off than the one I did a couple of years ago? What prompted the move?
    Watch sizes, especially after I got the Speedy Pro and realized that some were too small and some too large, but the Speedy was "just right". I have been focused on aesthetics too much, of course, that being what draws us to particular watches, among many other factors, but I had not been too concerned with size, though limiting it to between 39-43mm. I sold the GS the first time because it wore small and had too many shiny bits, so I wore it infrequently. The finish work caused me to buy again because I believe GS to play as well as any company, at least on the dial side, and I very much appreciate that precision.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Wowzers! You're a strange chap.

Also, you've sold them 'all' but you still have more watches than me
    And you're just figuring out that I'm strange? That took you way too long. And yes, I know, you one watch guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I think he’s posted in the wrong thread
    Ha!

14. Likes gnuyork, CFR liked this post
    Fresh blood can taste very good.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

16. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    It all makes perfect sense to me.

You kind of know when a nettle has to be grasped, and the alternative is an ongoing sense of dissatisfaction.

18. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Fresh blood can taste very good.
    Ha, yes, it can!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It all makes perfect sense to me.

You kind of know when a nettle has to be grasped, and the alternative is an ongoing sense of dissatisfaction.
    It wasn't a sense of dissatisfaction insomuch as "I have all of this money invested and I can do better to meet my most recent quirks relative to size". Some watches, when you put them on your wrist, regardless of cost, just blow you away...and to be honest, even though I railed against the Speedy Pro early on, when I put one on my wrist a couple of years ago and it was perfection, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Rich (Cybotron) was with me and he knew.

So, I have a few perfect watches meeting my latest neurosis factors, now, I just need to find a couple more.

20. Likes Cybotron liked this post