Likes Likes:  163
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaGull Showcase

Ric Capucho

Then we have my three Sea-Gull ST5s, these being new old stock (or cobbled together) examples from the 1980s. All sold on to make room in my watch box.

Actually, selling on the blue one troubles me a bit, 'cos I miss it. Might have to put that right one day.

Ric

2. Likes DJW GB, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Lastly, we have the two CMF Project ST5s from the Other Place.

Sold on for the same watch box emptying reasons. Actually, these were sold to someone that's familiar to us all. Nice, aren't they? An idiot to sell them, aren't I?

Ric

4. Likes DJW GB, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post

Lastly, we have the two CMF Project ST5s from the Other Place.

Sold on for the same watch box emptying reasons. Actually, these were sold to someone that's familiar to us all. Nice, aren't they? An idiot to sell them, aren't I?

Ric
    To be honest, yes!
    I can understand the others, but these two are such beautiful watches, and I guess it will be very difficult to find those again.

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    To be honest, yes!
    I can understand the others, but these two are such beautiful watches, and I guess it will be very difficult to find those again.
    I can only agree with Martin .... maybe Ric should be banned? Or at least put in time-out
    At the time, I couldn't make up my mind about which color to get, so decided to get my 3 favorites (the black dial version is nice too, but I was able to pass that one up). My wife was getting one and (big mistake, maybe?) gave her "first pick of the litter". Which happened to be my favorite too, so I ended up with a 4th one:

Name:  140119_ST5_4x_4m.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  90.1 KB

All kidding aside, I do get the watch-box-emptying comment and sometime wonder if I should do the same. Realizing how little $$ that effort will generate, I opt to keep them all. Guess I need to exercise (more) constraint when appealing pieces march by.
    Last edited by MHe225; Nov 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

8. Likes DJW GB, N/A, HKEd, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Not SeaGull branded, but containing a SeaGull movement, and made for us by a fromer SeaGull manager,

10. Likes MHe225, DJW GB, N/A, scott59, HKEd, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    A vintage Dong Feng, made by Tianjin before the Seagull brand existed:

Original back and a recent replacement display back:

These have Seagull movements:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417896187.576904.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417896231.594210.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417896280.016714.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  85.5 KB

Rick "liking these non-homages to non-Chinese watches" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

12. Likes DJW GB, Martin, N/A, HKEd, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

14. Likes DJW GB, N/A, Martin, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Borrowing from Martin - Not SeaGull branded, but containing a SeaGull movement, and made for us by a former SeaGull manager:

Name:  150104_2011_Moonphase_1m.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  130.5 KB

2011 WUS Moonphase (powered by ST2130)
    IWL member 90

16. Likes DJW GB, HKEd, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    In some ways I don't feel as sorry for Seagull as I might, what with their opaque corporate structure and their multiple manufacturing facilities, but at other times.... This isn't just "not Seagull branded" but also more simply "not Seagull".

Seagull are good at making watches, Thomas' company is good at making watches, I wish we could have separate threads for them.

Ric Capucho

Forgot to post up my 1962 vintage Tianjin WuYi, which is the grandfather of the Sea-Gull brand.

Ric

19. Likes Martin, DJW GB, saskwatch, OhDark30 liked this post