Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfy wearing

Anything.... Bulky, lightweight...big/ small.

Only an empty hand feel uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    I'm sure someone here has a watch with a curved case back - that should be supremely comfortable
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I'm sure someone here has a watch with a curved case back - that should be supremely comfortable
    Name:  BILD2126.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  79.3 KBName:  BILD2113.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  75.7 KB

Yes, curved back helps a lot

6. Likes geoffbot, iyonk liked this post
    I’ve had a few watches that were very painful on the wrist. The Breitling Avenger series and the B&R BR02 are unwearable by me.

As far as comfort any Rolex on a bracelet I've owned has always been comfortable. My PO on Omega rubber w/deployant, the Super Seawolf 53 Zodiacs, Both Panerai and my BP Bathyscaph on sailcloth are also comfortable. Basically, if they are not really comfortable they do not stay. Very high priority for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Oct 22, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    My SMP is very comfortable and only given away by its weight.
    My Aerospace is also very comfortable and my only bracelet watch that I can forget I'm wearing. My PD compass watch is equally light but sits up a bit higher so tends to be more noticeable.
    A few vintage watches I have need to be checked that they're still there throughout the day.
    My Smiths PRS-29B is an odd one: I probably could forget I'm wearing it if I left it for more than a few minutes between glances - Sad but true.

A whole bunch in 'the middle ground'.

The other end of the scale:
    The Hawkinge should be un-noticeable but I'm forever adjusting its position on my wrist.
    The Zeno Explorer is let down by its clasp - a little sharp. I could easily (and should) rectify this.
    Avenger Seawolf is way too top heavy.
    Planet Ocean is just too heavy (used to like it, but much prefer thinner & lighter watches these days)
    Triton Dual Time is also just too heavy.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    My worst by far is the Constellation Double Eagle. It’s one of my most visually stunning but the bracelet is a disaster. I agree with Crownpusher, the SMP is perfect after about 24 hours. I’m wearing one now and have been wearing it for about three days non stop. I’ll be wearing it for a fair few more and it isn’t coming off. However, comfort is more usually 34 - 36 mm on a soft leather or NATO. I’ll vote for another of Eddie’s, the speedbird three has a very fine bracelet and manages to be cosy while weighing a ton. However, the best bracelet by far is the late nineties JLC offering which is like quicksilver. Combine this with some of the thinnest chronographs and dive watches. The Citizen Exceed in Titanium is also ridiculously cosy.

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    What's NOT comfy is not wearing a watch. I feel more naked without a watch than when I actually am naked.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. Likes Seriously, iyonk, geoffbot, OhDark30, rodia77 liked this post
    My most comfy watch used to be the iconic Casio F-91w since it is very slim and light.. I wear mine for years to accompany me making straps and ocations that need discret watch..
    since the resin strap broke and I can not source replacement, I've been searching for its substitute.. the SWATCH Ironic I bought from Kath seem to be a great replacement.. put it on Horween strap.. super Comfy that I sometime wear it when I sleep (the ticking is pretty quiet!).. no sharp edges too.. my current "go to" comfy wearing watch..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

16. Likes OhDark30, rodia77 liked this post
    Being comfortably inobtrusive is high on my list of watch qualities (after legibility and making me smile)

I never understood the ‘I like to feel the heft’ argument for massive wrist ingots

Out of a collection of the compact and bijou*
    this is my comfiest

* https://youtu.be/Dsf5ErzwJYk
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

18. Likes crownpuller, iyonk, Raza, rodia77 liked this post
    On my wrist, this week, is a very comfortable (light, thin) and classic watch. I barely notice it:

Name:  Zenith126_21Oct2018.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  60.4 KB,

But, I had to attend "an event" this afternoon, so I swapped. As someone else mentioned - ANY Ebel bracelet is the very pinnacle of "comfort". Unlike the Zenith, this one carries
    some weight, so you know it's there. but...it is *very* comfy (old pic, hence the wrong date)

Name:  EbelBrasilia18May2018.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  74.8 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

20. Likes OhDark30, iyonk liked this post