Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dw-5600 light not working

Dw-5600 light not working

Hello everybody....

I recently did a battery change on a DW-5600 (1545 Module). The problem is that the backlight won't work after the battery change. The ac reset was done a couple of times too just to make sure everything works perfectly but no luck. When I press the light button the display blanks out and comes back after a few seconds. There is no issue with the battery coz it's a brand new Duracell. The alarm and all other functions work perfectly... Please help resolve the matter.

Thanks a lot !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ash1979 View Post
    Hello everybody....

I recently did a battery change on a DW-5600 (1545 Module). The problem is that the backlight won't work after the battery change. The ac reset was done a couple of times too just to make sure everything works perfectly but no luck. When I press the light button the display blanks out and comes back after a few seconds. There is no issue with the battery coz it's a brand new Duracell. The alarm and all other functions work perfectly... Please help resolve the matter.

Thanks a lot !

have you tried swapping the battery anyway ..could be a dud as what you describe sounds to me like what happens when some of my g need a new battery the light goes first then when trying to press the light the whole module goes off and back on after a second ... so worth try a different battery
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes ash1979 liked this post
    also did the back plate go on the right way up ? this sometime can affect the light from memory ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    have you tried swapping the battery anyway ..could be a dud as what you describe sounds to me like what happens when some of my g need a new battery the light goes first then when trying to press the light the whole module goes off and back on after a second ... so worth try a different battery
    Already tried two different batteries a Panasonic and Duracell....did the ac reset at least 5 times to which the display responded each time... The back plate is Installed correctly too

Already tried two different batteries a Panasonic and Duracell....did the ac reset at least 5 times to which the display responded each time... The back plate is Installed correctly too

hmmm how old is it ? was it working before hand ( guessing so but still worth the ask )

and this is not the solar power version is it ? ( read some where that when doing a battery swap out on them even with a new battery they still need to charge up )

as not heard much on these having issue ..do know with vintage gshocks some time a new battery will kill the back light for some reason as you read from time to time of how since the battery been change my light won't work ...

I'm guessing a bit with this model as ant had one of them yet just not got round to it ..

sure the guys will be along to help in a bit who have them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes ash1979 liked this post

does the spring affect the light in this model ? is it in and in the right place ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

hmmm does that one not have a auto light on feature have you tried turning that off and on ..if it does then could be the ball is stuck if I am thinking of the right module ?

giving it a gentle wack might do something ..there is a test sequence you can do by holding the buttons in just cant remember which three does the light ..

is it mode+adjust+ light at the same time ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Not sure what would cause this. Did you remove the module to change the battery? Or did the module come part way out during the process? Or the battery latch is somehow interfering with that contact.

Sometimes if the contacts arent exactly where they should be that particular button will malfunction. Ive had problems with some models getting the cage that the module sits in back in the exact position it needs to be in for the buttons to all work as they are supposed to. Or somehow I slightly bent a button contact on that cage and had to go back and take it out to bend it back in position.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    hmmm how old is it ? was it working before hand ( guessing so but still worth the ask )

and this is not the solar power version is it ? ( read some where that when doing a battery swap out on them even with a new battery they still need to charge up )

as not heard much on these having issue ..do know with vintage gshocks some time a new battery will kill the back light for some reason as you read from time to time of how since the battery been change my light won't work ...

I'm guessing a bit with this model as ant had one of them yet just not got round to it ..

sure the guys will be along to help in a bit who have them
    This is the model... The battery was dead when I received it.... Is it possible that the battery change killed the illumination ???

the old battery was their any leaking going on ? I had one leak and it ate the bulb because when I clean it up it was just not there ..but everything else worked but it had a strange thing of going faint on the hour ever hour .. that was an old t290 ...

but if bought nonworking good chance the bulb was shot before you change the battery mate
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy