Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dw-5600 light not working

wasn't there a faulty batch of these with noneworking back lights ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    the old battery was their any leaking going on ? I had one leak and it ate the bulb because when I clean it up it was just not there ..but everything else worked but it had a strange thing of going faint on the hour ever hour .. that was an old t290 ...

but if bought nonworking good chance the bulb was shot before you change the battery mate
    No there wasn't any battery leakage... It was opened for the first time...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

nos stock ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

nos stock ?
    Yes

when did they say they was from ? just trying to remember how long they have been around ....

gregs idea was sound to could be simple a bent tab have you taken the module out and checked each point the pusher touch the module ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

when did they say they was from ? just trying to remember how long they have been around ....

gregs idea was sound to could be simple a bent tab have you taken the module out and checked each point the pusher touch the module ?
    No idea how old this is.... The module was not removed from the case.... Could be that the age of the watch is the reason of the bulb not working...

Its not a bulb but an EL panel.
    The battery is not delivering enough voltage to make it glow so the watch contains an inverter to create something like 60V for the panel.
    That draws a lot of current.

My question:
    is it possible that you shorting the batteries while sliding them in?
    A shorted CR2016 is EOL in a matter of seconds.
    I made this mistake myself by sliding the batt into the holder when the minus is on the metal back plate of the module while the fastening tab (which connected to the metal backplate) is touching the plus side of the battery.
    I now bend up the fastening tab wide enough to put in the cell without sliding it over the backside of the module.

Quote Originally Posted by ash1979 View Post
    No idea how old this is.... The module was not removed from the case.... Could be that the age of the watch is the reason of the bulb not working...

1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

8. Likes Greg, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Its not a bulb but an EL panel.
    The battery is not delivering enough voltage to make it glow so the watch contains an inverter to create something like 60V for the panel.
    That draws a lot of current.

My question:
    is it possible that you shorting the batteries while sliding them in?
    A shorted CR2016 is EOL in a matter of seconds.
    I made this mistake myself by sliding the batt into the holder when the minus is on the metal back plate of the module while the fastening tab (which connected to the metal backplate) is touching the plus side of the battery.
    I now bend up the fastening tab wide enough to put in the cell without sliding it over the backside of the module.
    some good points to try there ( I called it a bulb but was referring to the t290 which had one - ) so maybe should have made it a bit clearer for them )
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy